Wood Mackenzie is the global leader in data, analysis and consulting across the energy, chemicals, metals, mining, power and renewables sectors.
Founded in 1973, our success has always been underpinned by the simple principle of providing trusted research and advice that makes a difference to our customers. Today we have over 2,000 customers ranging from the largest global energy companies and financial institutions to governments as well as smaller market specialists.
Our teams are located around the world. This enables us to stay closely connected with customers and the markets and sectors we cover. Collectively this allows us to offer a compelling combination of global commodity analysis with detailed local market knowledge.
We are committed to supporting our people to grow and thrive. We value different perspectives and aspire to create an inclusive environment that encourages diversity and fosters a sense of belonging. We are committed to creating a workplace that works for you and encourage everyone to get involved in our Wellness, Diversity and Inclusion, and Community Engagement initiatives. We actively support flexible working and are happy to consider alternative work patterns, taking into account your needs and the needs of the team or division that you are looking to join.
Hear what our team has to say about working with us:
We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Role Overview
As a key member of our Americas Power and Renewables Consulting Team, you will be responsible for leading and executing a wide range of both, commercially and technically focused consultancy projects, spanning the entire value chain of solar, energy storage, hybrid (solar plus storage), smart grid
, micro grid and distributed energy disciplines
within Wood Mackenzie's growing Power & Renewables Consulting team within the Energy Transition Practice.
The position requires strategic thinking, analytical and commercial capabilities related to power and renewables markets and the ability to transform fundamental research into salient, actionable analysis/advice. Successful candidates will be creative thinkers, analytically astute, and solutions oriented. In addition to strong interpersonal qualities, candidates are expected to have superior communication skills (written and verbal) in both formal and non-formal settings. Furthermore, the successful candidate is required to proactively develop and manage the relationships which exist between Wood Mackenzie and its key clients.
The successful candidate will have to be able to proactively develop and manage the relationships which exist between Wood Mackenzie and its key clients. The role will support the growth and business development of the Power and Renewables Consulting practice and require frequent engagement with clients throughout the region. Minimal domestic travel may be required time to time.Main Responsibilities
As a Managing Consultant at Wood Mackenzie you will work with both the consulting and research teams within Wood Mackenzie and your main responsibilities in the various areas will include the following:
- Define and communicate course of action to accomplish client goals for the assignment whether within a team or independently executed project
- Organise proper internal and external resources for projects
- Ensure mutual understanding of the agreed to scope of work prior to project execution and client presentation
- Deliver to our clients agreed-upon work product on time and with high quality
- Successfully manage daily client interface on project
- Keep abreast of developments across the power & renewables industry
- Apply analytical approach to assignment
- Generate strategic options and concepts to ensure client success
- Write, edit and review reports (independently and on behalf of others when required)
- Follow consulting procedures and methodologies
- Attention to detail
- Building and maintaining the internal network (across consulting, research and sales and account management) to deliver the best possible outcome for both Wood Mackenzie and its clients
- Generating innovative ideas and approaches to industry issues, both within particular assignments and to the consulting practice as a whole
- Working with colleagues in our other sector consulting teams to ensure good coordination across the value chain for our clients
- Be the in-house subject matter expert in one more of the following areas: solar, energy storage, hybrid systems (solar plus storage), smart grid, micro grid and distributed energy
- Ability to multi-task multiple consulting projects running parallel
- Ability to plan own work ensuring short and medium-term commitments are met
- Prioritise own work ensuring project objectives and targets are met
- Oversee team progress during projects to assure professional, on-time completion and delivery of projects
- At least 5+ years of experience in solar and/or energy storage industry with a strong understanding of regional markets, state solar carve out programs, supply chain dynamics, market analysis, technology trends and corporate business models and strategies. Some experience in an energy or strategy consulting environment would be beneficial
- Working experience with distributed energy resources, smart grid, micro grid, EVs and associated technologies will be a plus
- Bachelors degree in engineering or economics or finance
- MBA or Master's or Phd degree preferred
- Proven experience of working in project teams, whether in a consulting context or within an operating or service company.
- Experience of building and maintaining relationships with clients
- Experience in the development, valuation, and/or due diligence of renewable/cleantech generation assets
- Track record of quickly becoming knowledgeable and speaking credibly about a wide-range of subjects and themes
- Strong presentation and writing skills
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Power Point, Access
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- English fluency is required.
- Travel required up to 5% - 10% domestic
- Client focused
- Assertive and influential
- Issue identification, problem solving and analysis-
- Planning, implementation and control
- Efficiency focused
- Project Management Skills
- Building and Maintaining Relationship
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.