ISO, a Verisk business, has been a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk since 1971. For a broad spectrum of commercial and personal lines of insurance, ISO provides statistical, actuarial, underwriting, and claims information and analytics; compliance and fraud identification tools; policy language; information about specific locations; and technical services. ISO serves insurers, reinsurers, agents and brokers, insurance regulators, risk managers, and other participants in the property/casualty insurance marketplace. To learn more about ISO please visit us at: ?www.verisk.com/iso. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance, energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI, machine learning, automation, and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit, lending, and cyber risks. In addition, we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change, catastrophes, and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better, safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our "returnship" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And, it's what drives our annual Innovation Day, where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core, Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger, is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support, coaching, and training you need to advance your career. We have received the Great Place to Work® Certification for the fifth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women, testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce. Verisk's Statement on Racial Equity and Diversity supports our commitment to these values and affecting positive and lasting change in the communities where we live and work.Job Description
ISO is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the team in Buffalo Grove, IL. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will:
- Under supervision, participates in the development and execution of analysis project plans for timely project completion. May contribute to project hypothesis and goal setting.
- Utilizes statistical and machine learning techniques to create high-performing models that comply with regulatory and privacy requirements and address business objectives and client needs.
- Ensures statistical, computational, and algorithmic validity of results.
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and complex business problems, utilizing advanced statistical, mathematical and machine learning technique.
- Ability to keep up to date with emerging methods and environments. Provides required support for project delivery and implementation.
- Creates clear and easy to understand documents for product support (technical).
- Presents analysis ideas, progress reports and results to internal managers, project managers.
- Collaborates with Lead or Principal Data Scientist to develop technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, mathematics, economics, operations research, computer science or aligned discipline.
- Skilled with feature engineering, model selection and assessment methodologies, and familiarity with all stages of the data science pipeline.
- Knowledge in and applied experience with statistical and machine learning.
- Applied, practical experience using statistical and machine learning computer languages (e.g. R, Python, SLQ).
- Working familiarity with cloud computing environments.
- Logical, evidence-based problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Insurance experience, focusing on the personal lines or related business content.
- Experience with text analytics
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address, fax machine or email address, or directly to Verisk employees, will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Consumer Privacy Notice
At Verisk, the health and safety of our people is our number one priority. Effective November 15, 2021, and subject to applicable law, all prospective hires for office based roles or roles that support any of our businesses' government contracts will be required to demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, or qualify for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement, as a condition of employment. Hired candidates who do not demonstrate that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by their start date, and who have not been approved for a legally-required medical or religious accommodation will no longer meet the requirements for employment and their offers of employment will be immediately rescinded, in accordance with applicable law.