Reporting to the Plant Manager you will manage plant Environment, Health and Safety (EH&S) programs to ensure operations minimize the impact upon the environment and provide a safe and accident-free work environment. Lead and help develop the implementation of a facility-wide EHS culture through technical support, program development. Implement safety essential concepts to provide the road map to zero injuries and outstanding performance. Provide programs to train managers and employees in work site safety. Promote plant safety, environmental responsibility and sustainability stewardship by working with all departments to analyze current situation and recommend improvements. Analyze accident data to identify trends and accident types that can be prevented.
* Manage all aspects of environmental, health, safety and sustainable development programs
* Promote an accident-free work environment by developing programs that train, monitor and assure a safe workplace
* Deliver programs to train managers and employees in workplace safety practices
* Help with accident investigations and prepare accident reports required by regulatory agencies
* Conduct inspections and audits in plant and at other facilities to detect existing or potential accident hazards and determine corrective or preventative measures
* Administer initial Workers Compensation functions
* Guide and direct plant toward compliance of State, Federal and local Safety regulations
* Determine and direct necessary compliance training for all individuals to assure OSHA, MIOSHA and ConAgra training requirements
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year university in Industrial Hygiene, Safety Management, Environmental Health or Environmental Health and Safety
* Minimum of five years industrial safety experience and a CSP certification
* Experience building and leading teams
* Experience with OSHA and DOT regulations
* Interpret State and Federal regulations and applicability to facility to ensure compliance
* Create regulatory reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
* Experience performing risk assessments and audits
* Determine problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
* Interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* At this time, we require applicants for this role to be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring employer sponsorship either now or in the future
We care about your total well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your location and role:
* Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid life, accident and disability insurance
* Wealth: great pay, incentive opportunity, matching 401(k) and stock purchase plan
* Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development experiences
* Balance: paid-time off, paternal leave, flexible work-schedules (subject to your location and role)
Conagra Brands is one of North America's leading branded food companies. We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a team thats passionate about innovation and growth. Conagra offers choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye, Marie Callender's , Banquet, Healthy Choice, Slim Jim, Reddi-wip, and Vlasic, and emerging brands, including Angie's BOOMCHICKAPOP, Duke's, Earth Balance, Gardein, and Frontera.
We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit www.conagrabrands.com (https://c212.net/c/link/?t=0&l=en&o=2940510-1&h=2999397156&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.conagrabrands.com%2F&a=www.conagrabrands.com) .
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.