Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technologist in Burlington, NC. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp"Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The Esoteric Microbiology Department is one of the largest laboratories of its type in the United States. As a reference microbiology technologist you will perform a variety of bacterial, fungal, and mycobacterial cultures, antigen detection assays, molecular assays, and susceptibility testing for yeast and mycobacteria using manual and semi-automated methods.
The work schedule for this position will be 1st shift (Monday-Friday 8:00am-4:30pm rotating every 3rd Saturday)
* Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
* Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
* Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
* Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
* Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
* Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
* Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
* Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
* Assist with processing of specimens when needed
* Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
* Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
* Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
* Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee level
* ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment
* Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
* High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
* Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
* Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!