Adesis, a Universal Display Company (Nasdaq: OLED)
, is an extraordinary company looking for extraordinary talent! As a contract research organization, our mission is solving our clients' complex chemistry problems and accelerating their research and manufacturing goals. Adesis offers promising careers in an inclusive work environment that embraces diversity, innovation, and collaboration.Position Summary:
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Manager will lead all aspects of risk-based health, safety and environmental programs at the New Castle, DE and Wilmington, DE facilities. The EHS Manager will be the primary contact for EHS compliance and manage interactions with regulatory agencies. They will partner with Facilities, Chemistry, Manufacturing, and other departments to provide support and coordination of overall EHS compliance and implementation of procedures and training consistent with the Company's policies and guiding principles.Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate, and implement appropriate EH&S, Industrial Hygiene and Process Safety programs and necessary related training.
- Develop, coordinate, and maintain documentation for Air Quality registrations and or permits. Conduct inspections of exhaust and safety equipment as required.
- Evaluate working conditions across the site to identify and mitigate potential hazards, risks and unsafe conditions.
- Facilitate and coordinate EH&S Safety Committee activities internal to the Adesis.
- Conduct workplace inspections and identify safety hazards to assure compliance to policy and regulations.
- Develop, implement, and test emergency response plans and keep them current.
- Liaison with all functional areas within the company to assure all EH&S issues are fully understood and executed.
- Ensure all regulatory standards relating to chemical inventory, labeling, and safety data sheets are met and kept up to date.
- Assure EH&S record keeping provides timely reporting to both internal organizations and external agencies.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations pertaining to EH&S.
- Use appropriate communications and escalations to inform upper management of all EH&S related events including, but not limited to injuries, illnesses, emergency incidents, including updates until root cause, corrective and preventive actions are identified and implemented.
- Participate in the development of projects and prevention initiatives, as well as participate in incident/accident investigation and identify and implement appropriate corrective action.
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Occupational Safety and Health, or Life Sciences.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in an industrial EHS role, leadership experience preferred.
- Certified Safety Professionals (CSP) preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local regulations governing environmental, health and safety standard, specifically EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations
- ISO 14001, ISO 17025 and ISO 45001 program development preferred.
- Valid Driver's License with ability to travel as needed.
- Technical expertise in occupational health and safety with a strong emphasis in chemical safety/compatibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The candidate must be able to meet the physical and mental requirements of the job which includes lifting up to 25 pounds and on occasion long periods of standing, frequent walking around the facility, sitting, pulling, pushing, bending, kneeling, reaching, and climbing.