Smart Wires is currently looking for a Commercial Operations Manager located in Durham (RTP), North Carolina, to lead our Commercial Operations team.The Position
The Commercial Operations team is responsible for streamlining and unifying our global Commercial organization. The Commercial Operations Manager we seek will be sharp, strategic, organized, detail-oriented and passionate about their work.
The role requires strong interpersonal skills, experience and knowledge of portfolio, program and project management. You will partner with commercial and cross-functional stakeholders to streamline and scale project and program management practices and increase operational efficiency and productivity across the organization. This is a strategic and impactful role with a significant opportunity to demonstrate excellence in proactive thought and continuous improvement.
We are looking for a caring colleague who have a "can do", entrepreneurial and execution-oriented attitude and a high level of integrity. You love what you do and appreciate positive and constructive collaboration with your team members. You thrive from constructive feedback and approach your day to day with a continuous improvement mindset.Responsibilities
- Lead a global team - including business analysts, business administrators and various specialists - with a continuous improvement mindset: think critically through our systems and processes to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Standardize methods, tools, templates and approaches across all regions within our Commercial organization
- Identify and drive process improvements, including guiding the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, dashboards and templates
- Support the analysis of specific geographic markets, particularly with reference to our competitors and pricing strategy
- Support the response to customer procurement processes such as request for information, tenders and other formal commercial submissions
- Pipeline planning and reporting: work with Commercial team leads and Finance team to develop enhanced financial planning and reporting tools
- Improve business operations by standardizing existing workflows and developing new processes across multiple groups including Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Project Delivery, Finance and Engineering Program Management
- Manage important global stakeholders - stakeholder mapping, content management targeted at non-customers, engagement and relationship-building with stakeholders
Preferred skills and experience
- 3+ years of business, finance or other relevant experience
- BA, BS degree or equivalent work experience in Accounting/Finance/Economics/Business
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent judgement, prioritization and communication skills
- Ability to identify and improve organizational inefficiencies
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Strong analytical and data analysis skills
- Strong critical thinking capabilities, strategic and creative mindset
- Ability to work collaboratively within a global team
- Ability to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and manage multiple competing priorities
- Determined to make a positive, long-lasting impact on climate change
- Experience in the electricity industry
- Durham (Research Triangle Park), North Carolina
- Occasional domestic and international travel is expected
Smart Wires team members are expected to comply with all safety requirements and regulations when working at Smart Wires facilities and visiting customer sites. This includes adherence to the company's COVID-19 policy as well as State and local regulations. Additional safety precautions may include the use of PPE gear as needed per site requirements.
Smart Wires current COVID policy requires that any employee or visitor going into a US-based Smart Wires office, provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 prior to entry. Additionally, all global Smart Wires employees planning to travel by air or rail on company business (domestic or international) must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to travel. Smart Wires regularly reviews and updates its COVID and safety policies to ensure that they remain appropriate in this evolving environment. We reserve the right to update our COVID and safety policies at any time and without notice.The Company
Smart Wires is a global power technology company advancing the delivery of affordable, clean electricity worldwide. With our innovative technology and advanced analytics, we maximize the grid's capacity. This means more renewables, at a lower cost and with less disruption to communities and the environment. Smart Wires is headquartered in North Carolina, with European headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and has a global workforce of 200 professionals spread across four continents. Our team collaborates with our customers to achieve their strategic objectives and help them face an uncertain energy future with flexible, high-impact solutions.The Culture
Our values guide all aspects of our business, from making strategic decisions to providing our customers with valuable solutions and superior service. We emphasize humility, transparency and focus and empower team members with the tools they need to be successful in their role and achieve the professional development they seek.
**Smart Wires is committed to diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. Smart Wires complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination and we especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of any skin color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.**