We seek a Research Associcate/Sr Research Associate, Biology to advance our core mission of accelerating small molecule drug discovery programs at Entos, Inc. The candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team that integrates machine learning, medicinal chemistry, analytical technology and biology to revolutionize small-molecule therapeutics design and discovery.
Founded in 2019 and headquartered in San Diego, California, Entos is focused on disrupting therapeutic discovery with OrbNet, its cutting-edge platform combining AI-driven technology and automated synthetic development to rapidly design small-molecule therapeutics. Leveraging breakthrough technology from Caltech and the University of Bristol, the Entos team is comprised of renowned scientists and engineers with world-class expertise in machine learning, medicinal chemistry, high-throughput experimentation, and drug discovery. Learn more about Entos' industry-revolutionizing platform at www.entos.ai.Key Responsibilities:
The candidate will be responsible for the execution of biochemical and cell-based assays to evaluate small molecule compounds.
- Work closely with the team to design and develop biochemical and cell-based assays for various programs
- Design and execute experiments to screen/evaluate small molecule compounds
- Interpret and analyze scientific data
- Summarize and communicate findings with a cross-functional team
- Maintain the internal cell bank
- Manage the cell culture lab
- Bachelor's or master's degree in biochemistry, cell biology or other related scientific areas
- 0-10 years of industry experience
- Hands on experience in cell and molecular biology, for example, cell culture, cell engineering, ELISA, Western Blot, flow cytometry, quantitative PCR, etc
- Experience working with rodents highly desirable but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work with a team
- Flexibility and ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job
The culture and work at Entos is profoundly strengthened by the diversity of our people and our differences in background, culture, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, and life experiences. We are committed to building an inclusive environment where a diverse group of talented humans work together to discover therapeutics and create technologies.
We offer industry leading competitive pay, company paid healthcare, flexible spending accounts, voluntary life Insurance, matching 401K, and unlimited vacation to our team. We are located in a brand new state-of-the art facility in beautiful San Diego with an onsite gym, dining, and easy access to great places to live and play.