Scientist/Senior Scientist, Liver Biology
South San Francisco Who are we?
We are on a mission to help patients regain independence through the thoughtful design of safe and reversible therapeutics. You may be, accurately, wondering "how do you do this"? Well, our team is developing a proprietary technology platform to target various regenerative pathways critical for the establishment of complex diseases.
We are now looking for curious, passionate, and motivated scientists to join an organization developing the new age of regenerative medicine. Besides the research aspects of the job, ask yourself:
- Do you want to be an influential member to an early biotech, where your contributions actually matter? Guess what, you will find that here.
- Looking to advance in your career across non-research function? Learn from experienced team members … for free.
- Have an interesting idea to add to the company culture? Let's implement it!
Our small but growing team currently operates out of South San Francisco. We are easily accessible from SF, the Peninsula, and the East Bay (for those interested in the occasional ferry rides).Roles and responsibilities:
- Design, develop and conduct experiments, analyze, interpret, and report data on in vitro studies in support of the company's liver programs.
- Responsible for data analysis and interpretation, troubleshooting issues and follow up experiment for in vitro related projects
- Good communication skills and experience to writing protocols, procedures, and technical reports; provide input for scientific reports.
- Collaborate across our Research and Development division to drive projects progression toward key milestones
- PhD in cellular and/or molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry or a related field.
- Proficiency in in vitro hepatocytes and iPS cell models and assays is required.
- Experience with in vitro and in vivo liver physiology and translational readouts
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally
- Strong data analysis skills
- Preferred: liver medicine and experience with CRISPR