Navarro Research and Engineering, Inc. is recruiting for a Hazardous Waste Specialist / Environmental Scientist
in Albuquerque, NM.
Navarro is a premier contractor providing high-quality technical services to DOE, NASA, and DOD. Navarro's success is based on our customer service focus and our well-known responsiveness and innovation. In all we do, either in corporate management or in our services to our clients, we seek for the most effective and efficient approaches to provide best value to our clients.
Navarro is hiring for our Environmental Fence to Fence contract at Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque. This is a full-time position with benefits.Requirements
- At least 10 years of experience managing hazardous waste operations
- Customer service oriented
- Experience performing hazardous waste satellite accumulation inspections
- Working Chemistry knowledge and ability to create a hazardous waste profile based on review of Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and as required supplementing with sampling and analysis. The profile includes both RCRA and DOT characterization.
- Issue labeled containers which are RCRA & DOT compliant to the customer for containment of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Waste
- Perform sample collection of Hazardous Waste & Non-Hazardous Waste containers from manufacturing processes
- Prepare physically & QA/QC processed containers of waste for shipment
- Prepare samples for shipment using Chain of Custody documentation
- Maintain and make minor repairs to field sampling equipment
- Review of laboratory analytical reports to properly classify waste
- Familiarity with the Air Force Hazardous Waste management system EESOH-MIS, particularly the Hazardous Waste Module
- Forklift Certification
- HAZWOPER Certification
- RCRA Certification
- DOT Certification
Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearances requirements, US citizenship is required.
Navarro is an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability.
As a Federal contractor, Navarro complies with all Federal guidelines. Due to the current mandates on COVID-19 vaccinations, if you are offered employment, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination as a condition of employment unless you are legally entitled to a religious or medical accommodation.Benefits
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability