Job Description About This Role
The Gene Therapy Accelerator Unit (GTxAU) at Biogen is seeking a committed, enthusiastic, and dependable scientist to contribute to the generation of gene therapy clinical candidates for neurodegenerative and neuroinflammatory diseases.
The Associate Scientist II / III, Molecular Biologist, will work independently and with cross-functional teams to perform molecular assays to characterize in vivo AAV vector performance. The ideal candidate should have extensive experience in molecular analysis on animal tissues, including nucleic acid extraction, reverse transcription, PCR and other molecular biology techniques. This person should be able to design, execute, and analyze experiments independently with strong scientific rigor. The ideal candidate should also maintain an up-to-date knowledge of pertinent literature and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to efficiently present results to project team members. What You'll Do
- Plan and execute molecular analysis on animal tissues, including DNA/RNA isolation, reverse transcription, PCR.
- Participate in assay optimization under limited supervision
- Summarize results across multiple experiments in clear presentations to colleagues on the team
- Maintain complete, accurate, and timely electronic records to support internal documentation needs and regulatory submissions
- Develop in-depth knowledge in the gene therapy field. Be a critical thinker familiar with the recent advancement in the focused research area, and contribute the team decision-making process.
- Manage time efficiently and contribute to multiple projects under demanding timelines
Our mission to find therapies for neurological and rare diseases is a unique focus within our industry and this shared purpose is what connects us as a team. We work together to overcome obstacles and to follow the science. We are resilient as we strive to make an impact on our patients' lives and on changing the course of medicine. Together, we pioneer. Together, we thrive. Who You Are
As an ideal candidate, you are a growth-oriented scientist with keen interest in gene therapy, and strong working knowledge of molecular biology. You have strong communication skills, a collaborative mindset, and attention to detail. Experience in working with gene therapy technologies is a plus. Required Skills
- B.S in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g. biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, etc), with 3+ years of post-graduate experience in an academic or biotech/pharmaceutical industry setting
- Proficiency in molecular biology techniques, including DNA/RNA isolation from animal tissues, reverse transcription, PCR, DNA gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, able to advance multiple projects in parallel
- Experience in mouse handling, tail vein dosing, and tissue collection
- Proficiency in mammalian tissue culture
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.