Position Summary:Responsible for complex technical work in a wide range of environmental, health and safety disciplines. Provide mid-level analysis to department, plant and site managers. Assist in the development, implementation, and maintenance of programs, systems, and procedures necessary to ensure the overall safety and health of employees and the community.Job Responsibilities:
- Collect, analyze, evaluate and distribute SH&E management information. Create and/or run reports for distribution to management. Monitoring safety and health performance by running reports. Provide recommendations, as appropriate, for improvements to SH&E programs.
- Monitor and prevent chemical, physical and biological hazards and diseases that could be present in the area by conducting air, soil, or other environmental tests.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, and complaints concerning hazards or uncomfortable conditions in the workplace. Recommend improvements in processes, design, procedures, and operating equipment to minimize the hazard potential.
- Conduct employee training, emergency preparedness, and quality assurance programs.
- Provide regulatory interpretation and technical advice. May provide technical guidance to less experienced personnel
- Participate on internal committees and teams, as appropriate.
- Track and monitor existing and pending regulations and make recommendations, as appropriate
- Participate in SH&E audits, as appropriate.
- Provide assistance to staff and managers in assessing and achieving Corporate goals and objectives.
- Maintain working knowledge of specific requirements imposed by government agencies.
- Assist in the design and conduct of SH&E employee and contractor training programs.
- Supports efforts to implement and maintain the Responsible Care® Management System in line with the requirements of the RC14001® technical specification, as applicable to the site/region.
- Technical capabilities in specialty area
- Planning, organization and problem solving skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Data management
- Bachelor/University degree in engineering or applicable science
- 2-5 years of direct SH&E experience or relevant area of specialization
- Minimum five years' experience in the SH&E field required
- Experience in R&D/laboratory environment highly preferred
- RCRA/DOT Certification
- Technical capabilities; OSHA, MA-DEP, EPA, Federal, State and Local Regulations
#CINDAbout the Company:Cabot Corporation is a leading global specialty chemicals and performance materials company headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, USA.
We strive to be the most innovative, respected and responsible leader in our markets - delivering performance that makes a difference. As a market leader we collaborate with customers to find innovative solutions that will help them advance their own products for a wide range of industries, from transportation and infrastructure to environment and consumer goods. Our customers worldwide trust our solutions to help them address their needs and accelerate innovation in key applications - creating value and delivering an advantage over the competition. To learn more about Cabot products and applications please click here.
Our culture is based on four core values: respect, integrity, responsibility and excellence in everything we do. We understand and value the power of diversity and collaboration. We strive to create an environment that is conducive to the spirit of entrepreneurship, innovation and accountability, and empowers every team member to take responsibility for the execution of our strategy. We support and encourage our people to share ideas and explore ways to do things differently. Our passion for excellence and commitment to creating value and business success creates a culture in which everyone can contribute. We are known as one of the global leaders in safety, health and environmental performance, motivated in large part by the commitment and drive of our colleagues around the world.
Our global network consists of over 40 manufacturing facilities throughout North America, South America, EMEA, and APAC regions. Learn more about the Billerica site here.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled:Realizing we function better together than individually, Cabot Corporation is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive culture that embraces our differences and to empower employees to achieve exceptional results, without consideration of sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for employees' and applicants' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices, in accordance with applicable law.