The primary function for this position is to ensure that our company complies with all applicable environmental, health and safety regulations.Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Qualifications, Education and/or Experience Required:
- Ensure full compliance of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 Standards.
- Manage the maintenance and implementation of safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives.
- Participate in the investigation of incidents, near misses and property damage incidents. Ensure follow-up is done to minimize future exposure and proper records/documents are maintained.
- Conduct, coordinate and track various training to support company programs.
- Conduct routine safety observations to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, company environmental, health, and safety policies, procedures and practices.
- Maintain internal and regulatory reporting including data collection and reporting including but not limited to air, storm water and surface water discharge.
- Ensure the company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA (CAL/OSHA), EPA, AQMD, ADA and fire codes.
- Serve as primary contact for all regulatory agencies for inspections, permitting, reporting (air, water, waste)/
- Maintain compliance with permits, government regulations and other industry practices.
- Keep abreast of any safety and environmental law or regulation changes that impact the organization.
- BS in Occupational Health and Safety, Chemistry, Engineering, or related field.
- Ability to take necessary steps to ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Participate in manufacturing meetings to discuss workplace safety and regulatory concerns and opportunities.
- Actively role model all company environmental, health and safety standards.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with Operations, Managers, Supervisors, and employees.
- Keep the Operations Manager and Human Resources Manager up to date on matters relating to environmental, health and safety.
- Assist in the oversight of the Worker's Compensation program.
- Responsible for the SD's both maintenance and creation.
- Special projects as required.
- 2-5 years' experience in manufacturing environment with responsibility for Environmental, Health and Safety
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to be on call or work off hours as needed
- Experience working with local regulatory agencies preferred
- English required, bilingual (Spanish) a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- This job requires the ability to be on your feet walking around the facility, indoors and out, at least 30% of the day.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Climate controlled office space, non-climate controlled warehouses.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
CHEMENCE® provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.