The Lab Analyst, Microbiology will be responsible for performing, documenting, record checking, and troubleshooting qualitative and quantitative assays on samples using techniques that vary from the use of standard laboratory equipment to highly modern and automated instrumentation. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze samples consisting of a variety of matrices and cross trained on various laboratory technologies including, but not limited to, bacterial and fungal plating and PCR
- Train incoming analysts and technicians on methodology.
- Responsible for troubleshooting instrumentation to ensure data integrity
- Prepare samples for analysis while displaying good laboratory technique to avoid cross-contamination or misidentified samples.
- Accurately prepare quality control samples.
- Interpret and evaluate data in terms of accuracy, precision, trends, and quality control requirements.
- Provide scientific interpretation of results to supervisor, management, or customers as requested
- Maintain a sterile work environment and undergo cleaning procedures as necessary, to ensure ongoing proper workflow. Report contamination issues to supervisor
- Prioritize samples and provide guidance and support to the sample prep team for assigned analysis.
- Perform method validations, or verifications with minimal supervision as needed.
- Track inventory of supplies and reagents to ensure no interruption of work-flow
- Oversee root cause analysis for quality assurance.
- Assist in SOP edits as needed for assigned testing analysis and alert management when there is a change in procedure
- May be able to perform method development to respond to changing client needs or regulations
- Research new technologies and methodologies to improve laboratory processes and techniques and make recommendations to supervisors.
Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Strong understanding of standard laboratory protocol.
- Maintain high productivity, keen attention to detail, and consistent multi-tasking while yielding a low testing error rate.
- Strong agility, engagement, and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Diligent commitment to logging, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively work, problem solve, and communicate with multiple levels of the organization.
Education & Experience:
- Promote a strong customer service culture while adhering to the highest safety and industry standards, including those that are outlined by the state regulatory body.
- Minimum BS/BA in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Engineering or Environmental Sciences required.
- Knowledge of principles, terminology, practices, techniques, and instrumentation commonly used in a laboratory setting required.
- At least 2-3 years of microbiology experience is preferred.
- Instrument experience required.
- Food science and/or environmental experience is a plus.
- Exposure to the cannabis industry is a plus.
- Must pass the required background check.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Kaycha Labs offers a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision and time off.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Kaycha Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.