Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) Manager Ontario, CaliforniaJob Description
We welcome you to join Philips
as a EHS Manager
with our Personal Health business oral healthcare (Sonicare) in our Ontario California
locationIn this role, you have the opportunity to
- Work on Health & Safety problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- The development of the solution requires a multi-disciplinary approach and knowledge of Health & Safety principles, -theories and -concepts.
- Formulates the solution for (technical) partial problems that cannot be found by combining previous experiences but by composing newly acquired Health & Safety knowledge
You bring to the role the knowledge of:
- Lead multi-disciplinary Health & Safety change projects, managing a number of people.
- Works independently and provides consultative advice within specific functional areas.
Introduces Health & Safety methods/procedures that are new for the organization.
- Applies advanced Health & Safety process principles to multiple tasks.
Proficient in area of specialization and contributes in other disciplines.
- Determines feasibility of Health & Safety concepts or projects. Has basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Develop, implement and manage safety / environmental programs, policies and procedures for ISO 45001 and ISO 14001.
- Identify hazardous conditions/actions within the plant and recommend corrective measures.
Investigate and prepare presentations for all incidents and property losses.
- Organize and oversee all required safety training, i.e. fork truck, lockout, new hire onboarding.
- Able to effectively work in a high volume, fast-paced, FDA regulated manufacturing environment for Medical devices and Pharmaceutical drugs (ISO 13485)
- Provide safety orientation to new employees.
- Conduct Management of Change on new equipment.
- Provide Supervisors/Group leaders with safety training information for weekly and monthly safety meetings.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Track training to ensure compliance with Corporate Regulatory Task Schedule.
- Identify gaps in training curriculum by analyzing injury/illness data.
- Manage the contractor safety program and ensure compliance.
- Assist inspection personnel from insurance carriers, OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.
- Manage all federal, state and local environmental permits and ensure compliance.
- Assist in purchasing appropriate personal protective equipment.
- Prepare monthly incident summary reports.
- Supervise maintenance of OSHA 300 log, and Safety teams
- Support site as safety mentor for visitors.
- File and maintain SDS sheets.
- Assist with the administration of the workers compensation program.
- Recommend and budget for safety capital expenditure items and annual safety budget.
- Assist with all property/casualty insurance claims.
- Perform any other duties established by the Regional EHS Director.
- Maintain and lead the Business Continuity Management system
- BS. Degree in Industrial Safety Management preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
How we work at Philips
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills.
- Drive teams effectively and influence stakeholders to ensure on-time completion of projects.
- Experience directly managed a team
- 3 plus years Safety Experience in an industrial setting.
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA, EPA, ISO, and other government regulations.
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility withcollaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people andour customers.We areembracing an approach wherein wespend more time together than apart - which for full-timeemployees translates to an average of at least 3 daysworking from the office and up to 2 days from home - forour hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changingdemands of work and home in the most balanced,productive, and healthy way. Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways: We believe in the importance ofimpactful collaboration:
There's a certain energy when everyone's in the same roomthat can heighten idea generation and creative frictionneeded for problem-solving. Weembrace flexibility:
Choosing where, when, and how towork can vary according to task and team schedules.Flexibilityisn'toffice or online, it means choosing the spacethat works best for you, your teams, and our customers on acase-by-case basis. We want tobe at our best:
The way wework,and ourworkspaces are designed to support our well-being, offercareer advancement opportunities, and enable us to be atour best.Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.In return, we offer you
At Philips, we are driven by our mission to improve the lives of 2 billion people per year by 2025, and every day we move closer to achieving our goal by creating cutting-edge solutions that lead to confident diagnosis, improved care, and increased quality of life for patients. If you are interested in driving action to improve patients' lives so they get home healthier and faster and stay there longer, then this position is poised to help you achieve that goal.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
Our benefits can be found here: https://www.c a reers.philips.com/na/en/total-rewards-at-philips . Effective Tuesday, January 4, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips . Employees may request a reasonable accommodation. If you are a Colorado resident
and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Montana employees are currently excluded from this requirement at this time.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs.US work authorization
is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran