Nido Biosciences is focusing on developing small molecule therapeutics for the treatment of neuromuscular and neurodegenerative diseases. Nido is currently advancing two small molecule programs for genetically defined subpopulations of neurodegenerative diseases. The lead program, in licensed from a top academic investigator, is focused on the treatment of a rare repeat expansion disease. In parallel to advancing these programs, Nido is building a best-in-class screening platform to enable identification of modulators of neurodegenerative disease biology using iPSC-derived neuronal cells from patients. Nido Biosciences was founded in 2019 by 5AM Ventures through their 4:59 Initiative.
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated scientist to help develop novel therapies for the treatment of neuromuscular and/or neurodegenerative diseases. This is a laboratory-based position that will involve designing and executing experiments to discover and validate targets, leading biology efforts within project teams, and working with collaborators to advance projects. The successful candidate will have a Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in neuroscience and experience in research in an industry setting. A passion for drug discovery, experience working with in vitro and in vivo models of disease, and expertise in cell and molecular biology, sequencing, bioinformatics, data mining, and other approaches to identify and validate targets and pathways is highly desired.Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Work with a world class multidisciplinary team of drug discovery scientists to advance small molecule programs as new development candidates for the treatment of neuromuscular and/or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Oversee and manage multiple contract research organizations and sponsored academic research institutions pertaining to project
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo proof of concept and efficacy studies.
- Experience working with in vitro and in vivo disease models using molecular biology, biochemistry and histological techniques including DNA, RNA, and protein extraction, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, in-situ hybridization, western blot, qPCR, and ELISA.
- Review OMICs data to define disease signatures with RNA-Seq and other approaches, and mine data to validate and execute on targets and pathways.
- Champion innovation and new initiatives in discovery programs by proactively reviewing literature and other advancements in the biology of neuromuscular and/or neurodegenerative diseases.
- Interpret, summarize and present communicate results at internal and external meetings.
- Outstanding aptitude for experimental design, execution, and troubleshooting; including assay development and creative problem solving.
- Contribute effectively to patent, report, and scientific publication writing.
- Ph.D. in Neuroscience or related field (e.g., biology, genetics) with 3-5 years of experience post Ph.D.; 2-3 years drug development industry experience is a must.
- Experience in neuromuscular diseases, neurodegenerative diseases and/or neuroinflammation.
- Experience with assay development an automation in industry setting is a plus.
- Previous first-author publication(s) in internationally recognized journals are required.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables in a collaborative environment.
- Excellent speaking, reading, and writing skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Curiosity and a willingness to work independently.
Salary and title will be commensurate with experience.