We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated and committed Principal Scientist/Director to join our growing Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will provide project leadership and hands-on experimentation to drive our cutting-edge oligonucleotide-based drug discovery programs. The role requires working in close partnership with our internal Chemistry, Bioanalytical and Bioassay teams, and external CROs to achieve our drug discovery objectives. The incumbent will have a track record of leading drug discovery projects and must have the ability to multi-task and function effectively in a fast-paced environment.Responsibilities:
- Provide scientific and strategic leadership to project teams to advance drug discovery programs.
- Lead a team of internal scientists, contribute to, and provide oversight of experimental design, execution, integrated data analysis, and interpretation.
- Contribute to the advancement of programs by developing cell-based assays and by designing in vitro and in vivo studies that support the SAR studies and mechanistic understanding of therapeutic targets.
- Collaborate closely with project teams to achieve drug discovery goals and objectives.
- Manage external CROs interactions to ensure high quality in vivo pharmacology data packages.
- Interpret, summarize, and present research findings at internal and external scientific meetings
- Maintain a current knowledge of relevant literature, competitive landscape, and methodologies specific to oligonucleotide-based therapeutics.
- PhD in Cellular and Molecular Biology or related scientific discipline with post-doctoral experience. 8+ years' with 3+ years' experience leading drug discovery projects in an industry setting.
- Advanced molecular, biochemical, and cellular skills set and proven track record designing and executing in vitro cellular and molecular assays to drive drug discovery projects.
- Experienced in delivering high quality data packages for drug candidate selection.
- Experience identifying, selecting, and managing preclinical CROs is a plus.
- Disease area knowledge in neuroscience, hepatic or metabolic disease is a plus.
- Experience working with oligonucleotides and RNAi is a plus.
- Ability to lead, mentor and work as part of a team with a drive to partner effectively with internal leaders.
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to work effectively in a dynamic and collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Pay commensurate with experience
- 401k with company match
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, FSA, Employee Discounts, Performance based bonuses
- PTO and Holidays
ADARx Pharmaceuticals is an EEO employer committed to an exciting, diverse, and enriching work environment. Company Overview:
- United States (Required)
- Background Check
ADARx Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a genetic medicine company focusing on base editing of mRNA transcripts and oligonucleotide-based therapeutics. We discover and develop innovative therapeutics that can precisely target mRNA. Our mission is to turn science into lifesaving therapeutics.
We are well-financed by a syndicate of renowned health care VC firms, and our research facility is located in San Diego, California.