Summary of Duties and Responsibilities:
EDUCATION / WORK EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
- A primary responsibility will be to generate long term projections of forest products, carbon flows, and ESG considerations as part of acquisition and internal business needs.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong working knowledge of harvest scheduling software, forest biometrics in the primary regions of North America, and the ability to collaborate with a dedicated team of professionals.
- Provide leadership on the integration and evaluation of forest products and environmental services within the Company's forest projection platforms. This includes the projected harvest of forest products, carbon sequestration and emissions, and alternative environmental services.
- Serve as the primary developer of forest harvest projections for the Company's North American holdings, and for acquisition efforts in that region. This includes working closely with the Campbell Global's Acquisition, Operations, and Valuation Teams.
- Lead in the development of periodic updates to projected harvest volumes to support operating plans for assets under management, primarily in North America.
- Support the Company's in-house team for the measurement of carbon-offset accounting and verification, primarily by the efforts described above.
- Knowledge of financial and valuation methods is essential to work with key Company teams.
- Work closely with Company staff and consultants on Valuation efforts across a spectrum of possible business needs.
- Serve as a lead in climate forward modeling and integration with current and future systems and processes.
- Ensure that environmental or financial risk management reporting is conducted in a timely and professional manner to your supervisor and, if appropriate, local Safety Coordinator.
- Respond to internal and external information requests in conjunction with management and team members.
- Actively participate within the organization to ensure all timberland management investment services meet or exceed client commitments.
- Represent Campbell Global at all levels, maintaining positive public relations.
Experience and knowledge required/preferred:
- Advanced degree in forest or ecosystems modeling, planning or closely related field from an accredited institution.
- Demonstrated experience applying forest planning and projection methods to meet complex business needs.
- A demonstrated background with the Remsoft suite of tools is strongly preferred, along with connecting those tools to other systems.
- In lieu of the above, we will consider candidates with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience resulting in the knowledge and skills required to perform the job.
- Must have excellent computer and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written as well as demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively in a team environment across multiple disciplines and across multiple locations.
- Must have a working knowledge of the forest growth modeling techniques and a variety of tools currently used throughout the industry.
- Experience designing and writing SQL queries and function from relational databases.
- Knowledge and aptitude in a structured programming language such as R, Python, VB.NET, FORTRAN, C#, etc. is a strong plus.
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
The health and safety of our colleagues, candidates, clients and communities has been a top priority in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. JPMorgan Chase was awarded the "WELL Health-Safety Rating" for all of our 6,200 locations globally based on our operational policies, maintenance protocols, stakeholder engagement and emergency plans to address a post-COVID-19 environment.
As a part of our commitment to health and safety, we have implemented various COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include sharing information in the firm's vaccine record tool, vaccination or regular testing, mask wearing, social distancing and daily health checks. Requirements may change in the future with the evolving public health landscape. JPMorgan Chase will consider accommodation requests.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans