Loxo Oncology at Lilly conducts discovery research, clinical development and regulatory affairs for oncology, with the goal of creating a pipeline of therapies that have the potential to make a meaningful difference for patients. Loxo Oncology at Lilly was created in December 2019, combining the Lilly Research Laboratories oncology organization and Loxo Oncology, which was acquired by Lilly in early 2019. The unit has team members in Boulder, CO, Indianapolis, IN, New York City, NY, South San Francisco, CA, San Diego, CA, Stamford, CT, and Madrid, Spain.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated experienced Computational Biologist to join our Discovery Bioinformatics group. The candidate will lead bioinformatics efforts across multi-disciplinary teams to rapidly advance small molecule drug development efforts. This position is expected to lead and oversee broader strategic involvement in shaping the next generation of cancer therapies through data-driven approaches.
Roles and Responsibilities of the Position
- The successful candidate will join a dynamic team and oversee computational biology efforts across multiple functions. They will be expected to lead a team, supervise and develop scientists, and help build a research strategy that leverages deep cancer biology knowledge and high-dimensional data. Success critically depends on the ability to effectively present complex analyses and results in a clear and concise manner to a diverse audience of scientists.
Required Qualifications and Background
- PhD in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, or similar area of study required. Post-doctoral training or equivalent prior work experience (3-5+ years).
- Substantial publication record and/or similar achievements.
- Demonstrated track record of strategic scientific leadership in the computational biology field with leading and developing scientists.
- Strong understanding of relevant concepts in cancer biology and molecular biology.
- Experience in large-scale data analyses involving high-throughput molecular assays such as DNA/RNA-Seq, ATAC/CHiP-Seq, single-cell technologies, etc.
- Understanding of current best-practices for high-throughput genomics/molecular data analyses and familiarity of their underlying statistical principles.
- Experience using programming languages such as R, Python, or similar for statistical analysis.
Available Locations for this role
- South South Francisco, CA
- New York City, NY
- US Based-Remote
Loxo Oncology, Inc. (Loxo) currently anticipates that the base salary for the Senior Scientist position level could range from between $89,750 to $131,672 and that the base salary for the Principal Scientist position level could range from between $103,200 to $151,423 and will depend, in part, on the successful candidate's qualifications for the role, including education and experience. This position also will be eligible for a company bonus(depending, in part, on company and individual performance). In addition, Loxo provides a comprehensive benefit program to eligible employees, including vacation, medical, dental and vision benefits; participation in a 401(k) plan; life and accidental death and disability coverage; parental leave benefits and employee discounts for certain items. The compensation described above is subject to change and could be higher or lower than the range described above. Further, Loxo reserves the right to amend, modify, or terminate its compensation and benefit programs in its sole discretion.
Physical Demands / Travel:
The physical demands of this job are consistent with light office duties.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position's work environment is in an office.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those encountered by an employee while performing the essential functions of this job.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the role and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Loxo Oncology, Inc. is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
As a condition of employment with Loxo, a wholly owned subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company, in the United States and Puerto Rico, you must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination satisfactory to the company. If you would like to request an accommodation for medical or religious reasons, you may do so at email@example.com