Additional Locations: Ability to work remotely
Primary Locations: OH, Kent, 295 S. Water Street, 3rd Floor, 44240
Requisition ID: 161855
Senior Associate Consultant, Carbon Offsets
Davey Resource Group, Inc.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, Inc. "DRG", headquartered in Kent, Ohio, has openings for environmental consulting professionals experienced in forest carbon offset projects and protocols. We are seeking teamwork-oriented individuals with excellent written and oral communication skills. Candidates should possess a professional work ethic and passion for the voluntary & regulated carbon market.
The Davey Tree Expert Company, which was first formed in 1880, has over 10,000 employees throughout the United States and Canada and is one of the top twenty largest employee-owned companies in the United States, Davey Resource Group provides a wide range of natural resource consulting services to clients in the private and public sectors, including urban forestry consulting and stream/wetland mitigation.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The selected candidate will work collaboratively with DRG's environmental consulting teams across the United States and Canada to create a profitable multi million dollar carbon business. Possible carbon services include but are not limited to consulting, tree planting, carbon offset brokering, and portfolio development.
* Develop and execute a strategic business plan
* Create relationships with carbon buyers and suppliers
* Provide technical expertise to Davey's clients and internal consulting teams on opportunities in the carbon market, including competency with relevant protocols.
* Establish technical processes for DRG consultants to use to identify and execute carbon related consulting services, including market analyses, credit estimates, and project designs.
* Develop best practices and standards for Davey's carbon offset projects that create a best in class urban carbon portfolio.
* Implement existing forest carbon models and develop new models for the urban forestry market.
* Develop and design forest carbon offset projects with an emphasis on urban forest carbon.
* Leverage Davey's operational network to monitor and manage Davey's carbon projects and opportunities.
* Evaluate Davey's opportunities and role in the various emerging carbon related markets, including regulatory and voluntary.
Candidate should have an entrepreneurial spirit and track record of successfully developing and executing business development strategies with large corporations and industry partners. Ideally with regard to ecosystem services and the voluntary carbon market, in particular. Past experience in business development and knowledge of urban forestry and carbon finance, including the factors that influence the current carbon market. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with co-workers and clients. Position involves education and outreach, such as speaking at conferences/workshops, internal training, and client engagement.
Successful candidate must demonstrate proficiency with designing and funding a forest carbon focused project, experience with carbon modeling, and experience with carbon standards such as American Carbon Registry, Climate Action Reserve, and Verra.
What We Offer:*
* Paid time off and paid holidays.
* Opportunities for advancement.
* All job specific equipment and safety gear provided.
* 401(k) retirement savings plan with a company match.
* Employee-owned company and discounted stock purchase options.
* Group Health Plan.
* Employee Referral Bonus Program: Send-A-Friend.
* Locations throughout the United States in major cities and desirable areas.
* Career Development Program supported by industry expert safety specialists and skilled trainers.
* The Davey Tree Family Scholarship for children of employees.
* Charitable matching gift program.
* All listed benefits available to eligible employees.
DAVEY RESOURCE GROUP, a division of The Davey Tree Expert Company, is a leader in the natural resource, environmental, and forestry consulting industries throughout the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. As a service provider, our success depends upon our ability to attract and retain qualified personnel, regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state or local law.
The Davey Tree Expert Company has U.S. and Canadian operations in more than 47 states and five provinces and provides a variety of tree care, grounds maintenance and consulting services for the residential, utility, commercial, and government markets. Founded in 1880, Davey has been employee-owned for 40 years and has more than 10,000 employees who provide Proven Solutions for a Growing World. For more information, visit www.davey.com
If you need any assistance at any time please contact us at 1-877-411-7601 or at Recruiting@davey.com.
Employment Type: Permanent
Job Type: Full Time
Travel Expectations: Up to 50%
Davey is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers all qualified employees and applicants for all positions regardless of their age, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or other protected characteristics as established by federal, state, or local law. It is our mandate that all matters related to the terms and conditions of employment and all treatment on the job be free of discrimination. In addition, harassment based on any protected characteristic is strictly prohibited.
To preview Davey's relevant EO/AA plan, please submit a written request to: The Davey Tree Expert Company, Attn: HR, 1500 N. Mantua Street, Kent, Ohio 44240.
Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law - English | Spanish
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement - English | Spanish
Right to Work - English | Spanish
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market: Akron
Nearest Secondary Market: Cleveland
Job Segment: Business Development, Consulting, Sales, Service