Expert Staffing is looking for an experienced Environmental Health and Safety Specialist to join our Woburn, MA client's growing team.
This position works independently as part of a team to establish and implement company policies and procedures pertaining to local, state, and federal health, safety, and environmental regulations. Performs internal audits to ensure compliance with these standards as well as all company EHS standards. May analyze audit findings. Maintains PPE, manages hazardous waste, and other daily critical EHS functions.
- Conducts work area audits to ensure compliance with company safety policies, OSHA, DOT, and all federal, state, and local regulatory safety requirements. Follows corrective actions to verified completion.
- Assists with drafting and revisions to the Safety Policies and Procedures manual, the Emergency Preparedness Plan, and other EHS documents.
- Maintains PPE supplies, inspects and maintains PAPRs monthly, cleans and bags visitor safety glasses.
- Handles, maintains compliance, and manages hazardous waste storage and proper disposal.
- Performs annual chemical inventory and prepares Tier II submittals for EHS Officer's approval.
- Evaluates the need for a DOT Security Plan.
- Calibrates haz/mat instruments monthly or biannually.
- Investigates EHS system alarms and reported odors for hazardous conditions and seeks independent solutions to resolve them.
- Assistant Chemical Hygiene Officer (CHO) and Radiation Safety Officer (RSO) to assist and back up the EHS Officer in these roles. The EHS Officer is the CHO and RSO.
- Performs other EHS tasks as necessary.
- Works as part of a team providing excellent and timely EHS customer service to all personnel.
- Intermediate Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel proficiency.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
BS in Science, Environmental Engineering, Safety, Industrial Hygiene or related field with 2 to 5 years of professional experience with chemical laboratories and shop/industrial safety.
Ability to lift 40 pounds and use a respirator while on the job.
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. We routinely wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, paid vacation, sick time & holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.