At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision - transforming patients' lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Cell Therapy is one of the most groundbreaking new forms of cancer treatments being studied today. With therapies only in their infancy and BMS's continued investment in our Cell Therapy capabilities, the growth potential of this science, your career, and the ability to help patients are incredible.
The Gene Engineering group is seeking an enthusiastic, self-driven Scientist to pioneer on the development of analytical methods in support of engineered T-cell programs . The ideal candidate has a proven track record of innovation, demonstrated skill set and knowledge in molecular biology, gene editing, analytical development, and is excited to take on new challenges in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. This incumbent is responsible for analytical method development to enable characterization and QC release of multiple gene edited T cell products.
- Develop cutting edge NGS technology, identify creative solutions to problems and establish new methodologies and workflows for characterization of engineered T-cells including quantification of on-target and off-target modifications.
- Develop, optimize, and qualify analytical methods to enable process development, in-process testing, characterization, stability, and product release.
- Evaluate and develop de-risking strategies for identified off-target sites, including collaboration with data scientists, harnessing bioinformatic tools and wet lab work.
- Effective communications with stakeholders to ensure the developed methods meeting product and regulatory requirements.
- Support the development of complete suite analytical method documentation such as protocols, development and qualification reports, standard operating procedures, QC test methods, and analytical sampling plans.
- Method transfers to external and internal testing labs.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory notebook and documentation.
- Author technical and regulatory documents.
- Mentor and manage Senior Associate Scientists to achieve scientific goals
- Keep current on trends, new products, and technologies in gene editing
- Ph.D. in a biological science discipline with 3+ years of relevant industrial or post-doctoral assay development experience.
- Expertise in assay development, knowledge of sample preparation methods and considerable experience in operating Illumina sequencers.
- Experience with emerging NGS technologies and applications, such as long-read sequencing platforms, is highly desired
- Skillful with molecular biology techniques (construct design and cloning, primer/probe design, qPCR, RT-PCR) and cell manipulation (transfection and transduction).
- Knowledge and experience with next generation sequence (NGS) sample preparation and/or bioinformatical tools for data analysis.
- Experience being a people manager, with a passion for developing junior scientists
- Detail-orientated, organized, working knowledge of electronic notebook use
- Strong time management skills with the capacity to meet deadlines and prioritize work from multiple projects.
- Excellent oral and written technical communication skills
- Strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and integrity.
- Knowledge and experience with CRISPR/Cas9 gene editing.
- Knowledge and experience with droplet digital PCR (ddPCR).
- Knowledge and experience with chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cells.
- Working knowledge of electronic laboratory notebook software and DNA analysis software.
If you want to challenge yourself, accelerate your career, and give new hope to patients, there's no better place than here with our Cell Therapy team. Full of incredible and dedicated team members, those working on CAR-T and other forms of Cell Therapy are transforming patients' lives through science. From studying individualized cell lines to making brand new discoveries, this bold and personal discipline allows you to grow your career while making a lasting impact on the field of medicine. Join us today.BMSCART
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.