Veolia group is the global leader in optimized resource management. With nearly 179,000 employees worldwide, the Group designs and provides water, waste and energy management solutions which contribute to the sustainable development of communities and industries. Through its three complementary business activities, Veolia helps to develop access to resources, preserve available resources, and to replenish them.Job Description
Environmental Health and Safety Supervisor
The Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) ISO Coordinator is responsible for planning, collaborating on, implementing, and maintaining a variety of site and corporate health, safety and environmental programs to assure the highest degree of workplace safety for employees, as well as compliance with all related regulatory requirements, and responsible for maintaining and implementing the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System.
The EH&S ISO Coordinator will be tasked with assisting in the developing a comprehensive EH&S program and will assist in safety training, employee & visitor onboarding, writing and implementing safety programs, conducting regular safety meetings as well as onsite safety audits. The EH&S ISO Coordinator will also maintain all current WI (Work Instructions), MOC (Management of Change Notification), and DCN documents (Document Change Notification).Qualifications
Associates Degree from an accredited University or College in Occupational Health and Safety or related field.
- 1 to 3 years' experience in a similar position;
- Previous experience in an industrial setting would be an asset;
- Preferred First-Aid CPR/AED Certified;
- Material handling and exposure to heavy equipment will be an asset;
- Experience working with different hazardous chemicals;
- Proficiency with spreadsheet, email, and word processing software required; Google suite of applications preferred;
- A working knowledge of ISO 14001:2015 Environmental Management System, and OSHA Federal Regulations and Standards;
- Must have the ability to read, understand and interpret regulatory requirements such as the Federal Register and other;
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and excellent organizational skills;
- Well organized;
- Team player;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with employees at all levels in a construction environment;
- Effective communication, problem solving, interpersonal skills and demonstrated supervisory skills are highly desired.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.As an inclusive company, Veolia is committed to diversity and gives equal consideration to all applications, without discrimination.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.