Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our office in Farmington Hills, MI
is looking for a junior level Environmental Engineer, Environmental Scientist or Hydrogeologist
to join their team! In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the future of our Contamination Assessment & Remediation, waste management and Emergency Response service lines through the coordination and implementation of a wide range of environmental solutions and projects for our clients. Specific responsibilities will include:
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Providing technical and project management services to our existing and future clients on a variety of projects
- Preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, reports, work plans, and project specifications
- Coordinate and implement project permitting and planning
- Interpretation/evaluation of environmental regulations, including data compilation, reduction, and interpretation
- Field oversight of environmental sampling and construction activities
- Developing and implementing scopes of work, budgets, and schedule
- Communicating with internal and external clients
- Coordination with and management of contractors and service providers
- Assisting with Emergency Response associated with train derailments, pipelines, or other response needs throughout Midwest region
- Participation in a proactive safety culture, seeking continuous improvement
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology/Hydrogeology
- 3-5 years of experience in environmental consulting including environmental permitting & compliance, remediation & design, site assessments, report writing, data management & interpretation and project coordination
- Experience in coordinating and simultaneously managing multiple tasks while maintaining a high degree of attention to detail in a consulting environment is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work both within a team and independently
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record required
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER certification a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel and perform field work throughout the region
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.