Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an experienced individual to work as a Biology Research Associate
at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
- Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
- Optional health, vision, and dental plans
-Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
- Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:Performs research activities and other tasks in a laboratory environment.
Records observations and measurements and reports results at weekly laboratory meetings.
- Perform sample preparation for lab assays and for collaboration
- Perform cell culture and biochemistry experiments, including basic tissue culture techniques, isolation of proteins from tissues cells, Western blotting and immunohistochemistry immunofluorescence
Documents and analyzes data from experiments.
- Present and communicate results to chemists and project teams
- Analyze experiment results and present findings in project meetings
- Present and communicate results with Project Team and staff
- Prepare a weekly report to include: a summary of the samples experimental or clinical, the modifications measured, and the antibodies validated
- Prepare and deliver periodic oral group meeting reports
Evaluates new technologies and instruments.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data for experimental results; prepare tables and figures
- Perform statistical analysis of the results to ascertain the association or lack thereof of each modification with the particular condition, diagnosis or manipulation of the samples
- Organize data into tables and figures with Prism Plot or other data analysis visualization software
- Analyze and interpret scientific data
- Analyze the experimental results and organize findings into tables and figures
Maintains lab notebooks and lab equipment.
- Develop and optimize novel bioanalytical methods based on the future needs
- Evaluate new technologies and instruments resulting in proposals for new screening strategies and novel assay formats
- Search existing literature; propose, design and test alternative assays for difficult screening targets
- Collaborate with staff on cutting-edge cell biology and bioassay technologies for the development of disease-relevant assays for screening
Writes technical reports and prepares manuscripts.
- Update and maintain records of experiments and results
- Perform routine laboratory maintenance; ensure research supplies are kept stocked
- Maintain and update accurate records of daily experiments and results including research documentation
- Maintain and update laboratory notebooks and equipment
- Maintain accurate research records digitally
Performs lab techniques that study the chemical processes of living organisms.
- Write manuscript for publications, in collaboration with other team members and outside collaborators
- Write and review technical protocols and reports documenting analytical development studies pertaining to assigned work
- Prepare manuscripts and figures for publication
- Write experiment reports and prepare manuscripts for publication in collaboration with other investigators
- Write technical reports and prepare manuscripts
Conducts research experiments that will determine the effects of food, drugs, serums, hormones, and other substances on tissues and processes of living organisms.
- Develop and optimize cell-based and biochemical assays to support chemistry lead optimization
- Support cell-based projects with tissue culture; cell culture maintenance including stem cells
- Perform assays to validate antibodies western blot analysis, ELISA and immunoprecipitation
Presents findings at scientific conferences and meetings.
- Carry out drug repurposing screens against compound collections using the assays developed or transferred from collaborators
- Set-up and maintain a cell culture lab; provide the material for compound screens
- Conduct routine and non-routine sample preparation extraction methods for a variety of biological matrices including but not limited to plasma, urine, skeletal muscle and brain tissue
Participates in the development of laboratory procedures.
- Analyze the experiment results and present findings in project meetings, laboratory and outside meetings
- Present data and results at regularly scheduled lab data clubs and journal clubs
- Prepare posters and oral presentations for delivery at scientific meetings
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
- Work with staff on assay design and modification with the input from published scientific literature
- Perform and develop secondary assays and confirmation assays for follow-up study
- Work with staff on method development and validation
- Work with staff in the design, implementation, interpretation, and reporting of bioanalytical method development and sample analysis
Skills (Ranked By Priority) Polymerase chain reaction (PCR), qPCR, RT-PCR, RT-qPCRPrimary cell cultureProtein purificationImmunohistochemistryGel ElectrophoresisManuscript writingOrdering Supplies 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
- Master of Science in Molecular Biology or related discipline
- Biosafety Level 1 (BSL 1)
represents priority rankings, where 1 is highest priority and 5 is lowest priority of those ranked Software
Field of Study
- NIH POTS
Please Note: Vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all job opportunities offered through Kelly Government Solutions, in accordance with the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors. PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
- Molecular Biology
- Miscellaneous Biology
- Biochemical Sciences
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.