At Tetra Pak we commit to making food safe and available, everywhere; and we protect what's good - protecting food, protecting people and protecting the planet. By doing so we touch millions of people's lives every day. And we need people like you to make it happen. Environmental Specialist
We are now looking for an Environmental Specialist to be responsible to ensure Tetra Pak's environmental global policies and Governmental laws are met throughout the implementation of procedures and techniques. In this role, you will be assessing and minimizing the environmental impact related to the factory's and customer' s production, chemicals and waste, to leverage the knowledge and commitment to Environment.
The position is based in Denton, TX, USA.
Tetra Pak is not considering applicants (Internal or External) who require International relocation to the United States.What you will do
As an Environmental Specialist you will:
Who you are
- Play an active role for establishing and maintain procedures and techniques to minimize environmental impacts from production, chemicals and waste bringing knowledge and working at all levels in the organization.
- Implement best practices to drive the reduction for landfill waste, energy and water along with the process stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement action plans through the World Class Management program (WCM), leading the Environment Pillar and working with other pillars achieving the common goals.
- Drive the ISO 14001 certification, coordinating internal and external audits, coordinating findings and deviations along Safety & Health Pillar (ISO 45001) and Quality (BRC). Ensure the documentation compliance and ensure the requirements are met.
- Ensure the compliance related to environment, chemicals management, waste and energy matters with different Local and Federal Government instances and maintaining strong relations with key stakeholders.
- Ensure the compliance with Tetra Pak global policies for environment.
- Drive environmental programs including but not limited to Hazardous Waste (RCRA), Universal Waste, Solid Waste, Wastewater and Stormwater (SWPPP)
- Lead improvement teams to reduce environmental losses.
- Driver awareness programs to evolve the environment culture along the stakeholders.
- If necessary, provide periodic training to comply with legislation and pillar requirements.
- Interface environment agents (TCQE, City of Denton, etc.)
We believe you have:
We offer you
- Environmental, Industrial, Chemical Engineering or similar.
- 3 years of experience managing industrial processes and being responsible for the compliance of legal requirements, ISO 14001 standards, waste management and energy efficiency management
- Strong knowledge in ISO 14001 standards
- HAZWASTE program is desirable
- ISO 50001 knowledge is desirable
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations
- Ability to train employees on Environmental topics
- Teamwork shills to develop and promote cooperative working relationships among departments / cells and with all production shifts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives and recommendation
- Variety of exciting challenges with ample opportunities for development and training in a truly global landscape
- Culture that pioneers spirit of innovation where our engineering genius drives visible result
- Equal opportunity employment experience that values difference and diversity
- Market competitive compensation and benefits with flexible working arrangements
If you are inspired to share our responsibility of protecting food to protecting the planet, please submit your resume in English through our careers page on https://jobs.tetrapak.com/.
This job posting expires on January 24, 2022
Tetra Pak is committed to protecting its employees, customers and you, our candidates. We are working towards completing all or most of the steps in the recruitment process for this position by virtual means and further information will be provided as part of the recruitment process.EOE/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.