Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
Our office in Farmington Hills, MI
is looking for an entry-level Environmental Engineer, Environmental Scientist or Hydrogeologist
to join our growing team! This is an excellent opportunity to develop your professional skills by learning from the senior-level staff within our Waste Management, Emergency Response, and Contamination Assessment & Remediation service lines.
Your work will vary with potential service areas to include environmental characterization and remediation, due diligence, environmental permitting, solid waste, and industrial hygiene. Specific responsibilities will include:
For success in this position, you will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Providing technical and project management services to our existing and future clients on a variety of projects
- Developing and implementing scopes of work, budgets, and schedule
- Completing both office- and field-related responsibilities
- Communicating with internal and external clients
- Coordination with and management of contractors and service providers
- Preparation and review of reports
- Assisting with Emergency Response associated with train derailments, pipelines, or other response needs throughout Midwest region
- Participation in a proactive safety culture, aspiring for continuous improvement
- Travel and field work up to 75% of the time (can vary based on project needs)
- Field work to include, but not be limited to: soil, soil gas and groundwater sampling, monitoring well installation oversight, contractor oversight, operations and monitoring of remediation systems
If you are passionate about pursuing this position, please submit your resume and cover letter via the link below.
- Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Geology/Hydrogeology or related field
- 0 to 2 years of relevant experience including a mix of field, data evaluation and interpretation, and technical report writing
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- A valid driver's license and clean driving record required
- Ability work in a fast paced environment
- Ability and willingness to travel and perform field work throughout the region
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.