SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing, and certification services. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 89,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.Job Description
- Utilize aseptic techniques during sample preparation and microbiological/chemical analyses
- Prepare test solutions and reagents
- Maintain proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal of solutions, biohazard and hazardous waste, and microbiological cultures
- Perform serial dilutions and enumerate target microorganisms according to standard operating procedures
- Detect pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and Protein-based methods
- Prepare and sterilize culture media
- Extract desired components from samples using standard chemical procedures such as distillation, solvent extraction, and acid digestion
- Analyze chemical composition using standard laboratory equipment
- Maintain and verify general laboratory equipment
- Document and record accurate data using Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Manage time and tasks efficiently while maintaining an exceptional quality of work
- Think independently while working in a team environment
- Be detail-oriented while understanding the big picture
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Food Science, Biology, or a related discipline
- OR equivalent education and industrial laboratory experience
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- LIMS software experience a plus
- The schedule includes at least one weekend day and evening hours
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.