About The Team
The Global Safety and Security team is responsible for advancing DoorDash through the protection of people, property, operations, brand and reputation. We manage safety and security risk and deliver value across the business through agility, technology, and a people-first approach. Our team strives to always be in front, and there for our people anytime, anywhere.About The Role
DoorDash is looking for an experienced Senior Manager, Environmental Health and Safety to oversee and lead environmental, health, and safety programs and regulatory compliance for our fulfillment operations. You will work closely with the Global Safety and Security leadership team, New Business Verticals leadership, warehouse managers and associates, Human Resources, Legal, and other cross-functional partners to create an inclusive, healthy, and safe environment for our fulfillment workforce. By tailoring and effectively implementing policies, standards, and best practices, this role will directly contribute to shaping an industry-leading environmental, health, and safety function. This role requires exceptional leadership, a business and customer success mindset, executive level communication skills, and a very high bias for action and execution.You're Excited About This Opportunity Because You Will…
We're Excited About You Because…
- Lead, manage, and execute environmental, health, and safety operations across a growing number of geographically distributed fulfillment facilities and operations
- Develop, integrate, and oversee culturally attuned environmental, health, and safety policies, programs, procedures, standards, and processes
- Manage all aspects of environmental, health, and safety for our fulfillment operations
- Drive environmental, health, and safety regulatory compliance for our fulfillment operations
- Oversee and track recurring environmental, health, and safety training for all fulfillment workers
- Produce safety awareness training and regularly communicate industry trends and learnings
- Travel frequently and be on the front line working hands-on to keep DoorDash healthy and safe
- Lead regional environmental, health, and safety staff, as well as contract staff
- Be accountable for establishing, tracking, and regularly reporting operating metrics
- Manage environmental, health, and safety vendors, suppliers, and consultant services
- Drive business value through vendor, supplier, and consultant quality, reliability, and cost reduction
- Be responsible for accurately modeling spend and maintaining tight budget adherence
- Perform comprehensive environmental, health, and safety data analysis and risk assessment
- Manage incident investigations, root cause analysis, and drive corrective action implementation
- Coordinate and manage responses to regulatory inquiries and inspections across our fulfillment operations
- Submit required environmental, health, and safety regulatory reports and submissions for our fulfillment operations
- Routinely conduct audits and inspections of fulfillment facilities and operations to identify and remediate hazards
- Monitor industry regulatory trends to proactively address potential operational challenges
- Work directly with large and diverse groups of employees and workers
- Lead the physical design and implementation of health and safety systems
- Develop and maintain relationships with health departments and enforcement agencies
- Be a prominent voice and contributor to building an industry leading safety culture
Why You'll Love Working at DoorDash
- You have a master's degree or equivalent work experience and industry certifications
- You have 10+ years of environmental, health, and safety experience including 5+ years of progresssive environmental, health, and safety management experience
- You have exceptional leadership skills and the ability to motivate and influence team members and cross-functional partners positively
- You have direct experience managing the unique hazards associated with warehouses, distribution and fulfillment centers, food handling and storage, and retail environments
- You have experience managing vendors and multi-million dollar budgets
- You have experience implementing ISO 14000, 22000, 45001, and other relevant industry standards across organizations
- You have thorough knowledge of the Occupational Safety and Health Act and other significant laws and regulations, including their interpretation and enforcement
- You have diverse environmental, health, and safety experience that includes food safety
- You have experience successfully designing, building, and leading effective data-driven environmental, health, and safety programs
- You have experience managing COVID-19 responses and protocols across geographically distributed facilities under differing regulatory environments
- You have experience performing or overseeing Phase I, II, and III Environmental Site Assessments
- You are driven with a strong bias for action and have demonstrated experience setting and achieving aggressive performance objectives
- You are outcome-focused and set time-bound and measurable targets for your teams
- You are resilient and able to adapt to dynamic and high-stress situations quickly
- You take radical ownership of your work and performance and can effectively give and receive performance feedback
- You thrive in fast-paced, demanding environments where you are often managing multiple priorities and forced to make decisions with limited information
- You have excellent critical thinking skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to forecast second and third-order effects of actions
- You have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and are able to communicate at the appropriate level for a given audience
- You are a G Suite and Slack power user and are comfortable working on macOS, Chrome OS, and Windows-based systems
- You have received industry-recognized certifications like CSP, CIH, ICFSM, NEBOSH, IOSH, or SIFA
- You have the ability to stay on your feet for several hours at a time, walk long distances, wear a mask and all task-specific PPE, and be exposed to all weather and conditions
- You can work any day and time as required and attend meetings and training outside of regular business hours
- You are able to travel as required including internationally without restriction, and are able to work independently and as part of a team
- You have supply chain, warehouse, distribution, or fulfillment environmental, health, and safety experience that includes managing hazards associated with food and perishable goods
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It's something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We're not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it's scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we've been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
At DoorDash, our mission to empower local economies shapes how our team members move quickly, learn, and reiterate in order to make impactful decisions that display empathy for our range of users-from Dashers to merchant partners to consumers. We are a technology and logistics company that started with door-to-door delivery, and we are looking for team members who can help us go from a company that is known for delivering food to a company that people turn to for any and all goods.
DoorDash is growing rapidly and changing constantly, which gives our team members the opportunity to share their unique perspectives, solve new challenges, and own their careers. We're committed to supporting employees' happiness, healthiness, and overall well-being by providing comprehensive benefits and perks including premium healthcare, wellness expense reimbursement, paid parental leave and more.Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We're committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That's why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of people from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
Statement of Non-Discrimination: In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on "protected categories," we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at DoorDash. We value a diverse workforce - people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. Thank you to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, and any other state or local hiring regulations, we will consider for employment any qualified applicant, including those with arrest and conviction records, in a manner consistent with the applicable regulation.
Pursuant to the Colorado Fair Pay Act, the base salary range in Colorado for this position is $122,000 - $182,000, plus opportunities for equity and commission. Compensation in other geographies may vary.
If you need any accommodations, please inform your recruiting contact upon initial connection.