Exscientia is a global leader in applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) to modernize the way new medicines are created. We do this by applying the latest research, machine learning and modern high-performance computational methods to transform drug design.
Exscientia developed the first-ever functional precision oncology platform to successfully guide treatment selection and improve patient outcomes in a prospective interventional clinical study, as well as to progress AI-designed small molecules into the clinical setting.
Following multiple high-profile partnerships and our most recent fundraise we are now adding key appointments to our group, reporting to the Vice President and Head of Biology
in the USA these positions are integral to support and build the Company's drug discovery pipeline as it executes the next phase of its life cycle. We are looking for proven drug hunters to join our Biology team. This role is open at different seniorities - Project Leader, Associate Director, Director and Executive Director level.
You Will Have The Opportunity To:
Provide project leadership to both partnered and internal small-molecule drug discovery programmes, working with collaborators and/or project teams to set overall strategic objectives (including target candidate profiles) and be responsible for the delivery of lead and candidate milestones through to pre-clinical development. By providing leadership to multi-disciplinary teams, you will advance programs from the partnered and internal pipeline to deliver clinical candidates. There will be projects where you will be expected to lead the biology aspects specifically, ensuring relevant and robust data is generated to drive discovery forward.
The successful individual will plan and provide effective coordination of functions, ensuring appropriate resourcing and timing of activities to maximise the impact of the project team. They will regularly report progress to collaborators and internal decision-making bodies and use data-driven approaches to guide project strategy. The development of successful internal and external relationships with partners, academic leaders and contract research organisations is critical.
The Director will use their experience in drug discovery biology to design and implement cascades, using assay systems and endpoints which are relevant to and inform on target mechanism and disease biology. They will work with our internal biology teams and external partners to ensure project assay data is robust and that compound activity translates across assay systems.
The influence of this position extends beyond Exscientia's drug discovery portfolio. You will provide biology input on potential new biological targets to support decisions on their inclusion in the Exscientia portfolio ( e.g. translational, tractability, strategic approach).
Finally, as a seasoned drug hunter, you will provide mentorship to less experienced team members as they build their careers within Exscientia.Requirements
- A PhD level with 8+ years' experience of drug discovery biology
- Highly motivated with a track record of successful project leadership and delivery of clinical candidates
- Evidence of leadership of multi-disciplinary teams
- A data-driven approach to decision-making
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English, with the ability to provide clarity of message across a wide range of audiences
- Domain knowledge in pharmacology/biology as applied to contemporary drug discovery
- Prior involvement with late pre-clinical/early clinical teams
- Knowledge and experience in inflammation, autoimmunity, and immuno-oncology
- Work together to make a positive contribution to patients by revolutionising the pharmaceutical industry through AI-driven discovery.
- We will work with you to kick-start or further grow your career - from funding for professional development and conference attendance. To the opportunity to acquire valuable skills, work on problems that matter, and learn from world-class technologyical and scientific leaders.
- Opportunity to join an inclusive, collaborative and intellectually stimulating culture
- We will work with you to provide a highly competitive compensation as we continue to grow and thrive.
- Our team's health and well-being is important to us we provide private healthcare, dental cover, optical cover, life assurance, virtual GP Service, wellbeing and mindfulness support, 401k plan
- We offer a generous holiday allowance, provide flexible working and remote working to encourage all of our team to manage their own work, time and life.
- Be part of building our growing Boston office, located in the Seaport district
- Hear from our team why they enjoy working here
Exscientia does not offer visa sponsorships for this position and applicants must be eligible to work in the United States.