BEM Systems, Inc. (BEM) is a nationwide consulting firm, which provides comprehensive environmental consulting services and data management solutions to federal, state, and local government agencies. Our areas of technical practice are focused on environmental planning and compliance, remediation, natural and water resources, and environmental data management. Our firm enjoys a distinguished reputation for client responsiveness and creative problem solving to help make our clients operations more efficient and sustainable. We look to hire and develop collaborators who demonstrate individual initiative and embrace new challenges and learning opportunities.Job Description
BEM has an excellent opportunity for a mid-senior level technical environmental professional (i.e., Hydrogeologist/Geochemist/Environmental Scientist/Geologist/Environmental Engineer) to support the Site Remediation group in Denver, Colorado. Our growing backlog of challenging projects throughout the Colorado has created exciting career opportunities for an individual that is interested in conducting a variety of environmental services for remediation and compliance projects. This individual will provide support developing sampling plans, conducting field investigations (local and remote), site characterization, data analysis and visualization, conceptual site model development, and report writing for projects currently in the Front Range area (Colorado, South Dakota), while working under the guidance of experienced project managers, geologists, scientists, and engineers. Key Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Primary (Analytical and Reporting) Responsibilities (75+% of time) :
Other (Field/Travel) Responsibilities (up to 25% of time) :
- Evaluate data generated by field activities to provide detailed interpretations of subsurface lithology, groundwater flow conditions, contaminant mass flux, and nature and extent of contamination.
- Support visualization of environmental data (in 2D and 3D) using industry-specific software(s) to support data interpretation and inclusion in reports or presentations.
- Development and update of site-specific conceptual site models.
- Fate and transport modelling to support investigative characterization and delineation efforts, and to inform future remedial action and risk assessments.
- Develop and/or provide review of technical scope, including drafting work plans and technical reports/memorandum.
- Conduct project related research (historical data, regulations, etc.) to support CSM development, technical scope development, report writing, and/or proposal development.
- Participate in a BEM-internal technical working group focused on emerging contaminants, specifically per- and poly-fluorinated compounds (PFAS).
Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Participate within BEM and subcontractor field team(s) performing environmental sampling tasks, such as:
- Collection of soil, surface water, groundwater, porewater, or other environmental media for physical or chemical analysis.
- Oversight of soil borings with soil and/or rock logging.
- Design, installation, and development of environmental monitoring infrastructure (i.e., groundwater monitoring wells)
- Occasional travel to client sites and/or offices for technical presentations/meetings.
- Opportunity to travel to other project sites in Alaska and elsewhere in the Lower 48 US.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Advanced degree in science/engineering (hydrology, geology, geochemistry, environmental science, environmental engineering, geologic engineering, or similar)
- Proficiency in interpretation and visualization of environmental data.
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills, including attention to detail and accuracy, as well as a commitment to producing high-quality deliverables on-schedule.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with clients and project team members
- Relevant field experience related to environmental investigations, including environmental media sample collection and/or subcontractor oversight drilling and sampling tasks.
- Ability to travel to client sites (Colorado and South Dakota) and BEM offices
- Travel time estimated up to 25%.
- Ability to obtain the necessary background and security clearances to access active military installations
- Dependable, with the ability to work independently and in a remote work environment
- Strong people skills
- Commitment to safe work practices
- Fluency with various Microsoft Office programs, including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Industry-specific software proficiencies a plus
- Current relevant professional license(s) (i.e., PG, PE, CHG, PMP, CES, etc.)
Compensation and Benefits
- 7-10 years of relevant experience in environmental assessment and remediation
- Familiarity with environmental contaminants, including PFAS, chlorinated solvents, fuel hydrocarbons, PCBs, PAHs, and metals.
- Proficiency in fate and transport modelling, visualization (2D & 3D) of environmental data (i.e., Earth Volumetric Studio, Surfer, ArcGIS, MODFLOW), conceptual site model development, and geostatistics.
- Understanding of environmental characterization and mass flux investigative methodologies and technologies (i.e., downhole geophysical logging, aquifer testing, environmental sequence stratigraphy, etc.).
- Understanding of CERCLA and remedial design.
- Basic understanding of human health and ecological risk assessments.
- Current OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
BEM offers a comprehensive and competitive compensation package with a starting annual salary based upon the experience and qualifications of the selected candidate. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including participation in our matching 401(k) Savings Plan along with comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance coverage and a tuition reimbursement program. BEM provides excellent opportunities for long-term career growth and future skills development, as a member of our Colorado-based team. HR Manager:
BEM Systems, Inc., Corporate Office
100 Passaic Avenue
Chatham, NJ 07928
E-Mail: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer