RESEARCH SCIENTIST II - CELLULAR BIOLOGY & ASSAY TECHNOLOGIES in Buffalo, NY
Curia provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Research Scientist II is expected to work under limited supervisory direction. Principal responsibilities may include assistance in: aseptic cell culture, the development of cell lines, reagents or assays for bioactivity testing of samples; automation of assays and execution of compound screening campaigns; potency and selectivity testing; and analysis, interpretation and documentation of experimental data.Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Assistance in the development of reagents through applications of molecular biology, cell biology and biochemistry as may be required
- Assistance in the development and validation of assays for bioactivity screening and their transfer to robotic systems
- Performance of sample screening and generation of high quality screening data
- Demonstrate proficiency in the analysis and interpretation of experimental data. Demonstrate a clear understanding of the quality indicators required for validation of an assay, engineered cell line or protein product
- Maintain comprehensive, up to date records of experimental methods, materials, calculations, results, observations and outcomes (decisions) in compliance with Curia laboratory notebook policy. Record all appropriate data electronically in Curia databases
- Develop and effectively apply a broad spectrum of practical laboratory skills; including molecular biology, cell culture, biochemistry, assay development, in depth analysis of bioactivity data and the use of automated equipment
- Develop and effectively apply an understanding of the in vitro methods used to identify, characterize and prioritize potentially therapeutic compounds for in vivo efficacy studies
- Conduct laboratory operations in a safe manner. Maintain familiarity with the Curia Chemical Hygiene Plan, Biosafety and Blood Borne Pathogen procedures and Radiation Safety Procedures handbook. Exhibit safety awareness and safe work practices. Follow responsible actions regarding chemical, radiological and biological disposal. Maintain compliance with all regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
- Submit acceptable written periodic reports. Prepare summaries of experimental findings reliably and independently
- Carry routine tasks independently through to successful completion
- Develop solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope
- Bachelor's degree in Biology or Biochemistry, or equivalent industrial experience
- At least two years of laboratory experience conducting molecular biology, cell biology, biochemistry, assay development and validation, screening or custom reagent production
- Other pertinent training/courses
- Master's degree in Biology or Biochemistry with 2 years of industrial experience
U.S. employees of Curia Global Inc. and its subsidiaries (a "Compan
y") hired after December 7, 2021 must be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus and provide the Company with proof of vaccination as a condition of their employment except for U.S. employees who request and qualify under applicable law for disability and religious accommodations from the COVID-19 vaccine mandate. An applicant who receives an offer of employment from the Company for a position as a U.S. employee will be required to provide proof of vaccination, or to request and receive a disability or religious accommodation that the applicant is entitled to under applicable law, before their first day of employment or any earlier or later deadline specified by the Company in the offer letter. The Company is an equal opportunity employer and provides employment opportunities and makes employment decisions without regards to an individual's disability or religion or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
All interested applicants must apply online. Curia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.