POSITION: CONTRACT SPECIALIST
LOCATION: IRVINE, CA
Be a valued part of a winning team that's redefining next gen space! Come join Terran Orbital, the leader in innovation, manufacturing and operations in the small satellite industry. We are a pioneer in the miniaturization of space technologies and the delivery of responsive space solutions. We are a unique, fast growing, and trusted team focused on quickly and economically design, build, launch, and operate state-of-the-art satellites for advanced mission constellations.
Terran Orbital is currently seeking a talented, team-oriented and growth-minded Contracts Specialist to join its Legal team. The ideal candidate will provide proactive support service and assistance with acquisition, property services, and acquisition pre-planning, BPA and lease development, and management to include planning, pre-award, award, post-award, and closeout actions. They Contract Specialist will work with Contracting, Procurement, Acquisition Management, Property Services and Grants & Agreements within the USDA and Forest Service execute the business arrangements in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) with private industry for a wide variety of supplies, equipment, construction, and services needed to meet the USDA and Forest Service missions. The Agency's business requirements encompass a diverse range of needs to support forestry, wildland fire, aviation, research, recreation, wilderness, information technology and environmental compliance. The Department and Forest Service need of acquisition support services to maintain mission support and customer service.
This position will report to the General Counsel and is an incredible opportunity to help lead and support the outcome of a major commercial space capability in a great, fast-growing company. Are you ready to be part of the winning team and grow your career?KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Draft, review, manage and maintain contracts under federal government contracts regulations, including the FAR and the DFARs.
- Projects may include routine simplified acquisitions to complex multi-award, multi-million-dollar contracts with support services being cradle to grave and include but are not limited to:
- Development of a variety of business instruments such as contracts, purchase orders and agreements
- Prepare/review market research, source searches, communicate with customers, assist with acquisition planning, create solicitations, draft justifications, draft evaluation criteria, receive and review proposals, request technical reviews, perform cost/price analysis, evaluate information for awards, draft recommendation for award, and develop award documents
- Perform contract administration
- Document all actions in appropriate electronic systems
- Facilitate meetings, communication and collaboration with customers and other stakeholders
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a business-related area
- Mid-level position requires at least five (5) years of experience. If you do not possess a Bachelor's degree, nine (9) years of experience is required
- Senior-level requires at least 10 years of experience. If you do not possess a Bachelor's degree, fourteen (14) years of experience is required
- Subject area expertise related to acquisition policies and regulations under the FAR, to include pre-award experience
- DFARs Experience
- Have proven acquisition expertise and excellent writing skills and abilities
- Must be self-motivated and able to stay on task.
- Possesses skills and abilities necessary to work in a team environment and communication skills to support project operations that resulting in high quality work.
- Knowledge of business and industry practices, sources of supply, cost factors, and requirements characteristics
- Experience using PRISM contract writing system
- Contract Specialist/Officer experience within a U.S. Government civilian agency.
This job operates in a professional office and manufacturing environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Benefits
- Equity Incentive Plan
- Generous PTO with floating holidays and flexible vacation policy
- Company-paid comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Access to Gradifi Refi tuition refinancing assistance
- Cross-training and professional development opportunities
About Terran Orbital:
- To comply with U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Founded in 2013 in Irvine, California, with headquarters in Boca Raton, Florida. Terran Orbital is a leading vertically integrated provider of end-to-end satellite solutions. Terran Orbital combines satellite design, production, launch planning, mission operations, and in-orbit support to meet the needs of the most demanding military, civil, and commercial customers. In addition, Terran Orbital is developing the world's largest, most advanced Next-Gen Earth Observation constellation to provide persistent, real-time earth imagery.
Terran Orbital is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.