Absorption Systems is hiring In Vivo Research Associates for the following areas:
- Cell & Gene Therapy (CGT)
- Medical Device / Surgical
- Direct experience in the above areas is not required.
The Research Associate position requires a broad knowledge of anatomy, physiology and biochemistry to help develop and support in vivo models to screen therapeutics and devices being developed for various disorders. Experience with surgical, dosing and sampling techniques is required. Prior experience working with other in vivo models may be considered even if there is no direct experience working with medical devices, stem cells or ophthalmology.Other important functions include:
- Participate in study design and preparation of preclinical studies.
- Fully support execution of preclinical studies
- Help in the preparation of study protocols and reports
- May be required to serve on the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC)
- Interface with different teams including in vivo scientists, QC/QA, Account Managers/Sales
- Maintain accurate records in various internal databases
- Support internal research projects to optimize service offerings
- Perform other duties as directed by Management.
- Bachelor's degree in pharmaceutical sciences, life sciences, or pharmacology
- Minimum 1-3 years relevant industry experience depending on education level
- Background in lab animal (in vivo) research is a must. Working knowledge of in vivo techniques and imaging modalities will be a plus.
- Position requires good communication skills and attention to detail
- Strong work ethic, self-motivation, and ability to adapt in a dynamic team environment are keys for success
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Assistance Program
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.