SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world's biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!Required
- Ph.D. or M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related science discipline or a B.S. degree with more extensive experience
- 3-5 years' experience in industrial water chemistry in a laboratory or field setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to effectively communicate ideas in both a research and customer environment
- Documented track record of innovation; academic or industrial based.
- Experimentalist with a passion for hands on laboratory work.
- Must be able to successfully work in a collaborative team environment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in business needs and prioritize accordingly.
- Demonstrated project planning acumen.
The Candidate Will Be Expected To
- Expertise in organic, polymer or surfactant chemistry and rheology of solid-liquid dispersions/slurries
- 3 or more years lab or field experience in industrial wastewater, mining, or mineral processing
SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions is hiring a Lead Researcher level role in Trevose, PA with focus on Water Services & Industrial Process Applications.
- demonstrate the necessary chemical and engineering proficiency and project leadership skills to execute on business priorities, programs, and processes in a diverse application area related to the handling of solids, flows, and formulations.
- develop creative solutions to complex problems using advance theories and knowledge where no precedent exists
- prepare technical reports with independent interpretation of data, coordinate the efforts of external resources related to specific projects or requests, direct the work of one or more professional and technicians, and establish a high level of scientific knowledge.
- Serve as technical resource/mentor to junior technology peers, applications, and field sales associates.
The R&D group is responsible for developing new chemical and operational solutions to address customer and industry challenges in the treatment of water, wastewater, and process application areas related primarily to Heavy Industry applications such as those of Mining, Petrochemical, Power and Food & Beverage. In addition, the group provides technical guidance throughout the business to ensure the quality, performance, and correct application of our technologies in the commercial market.Essential Functions
- Research, develop, and support the commercialization of innovative chemical and monitoring solutions for customers. These efforts will align with the strategic initiatives of the business and are intended to enhance treatment performance for customers and provide a sustainable advantage over competition.
- Plan and conduct laboratory studies intended to measure and validate the performance of technical solutions under simulated industrial wastewater and mining process conditions.
- Provide analysis and interpretation of laboratory and field data using sound scientific principles and effectively communicate these results to key stakeholders including technology and product management, commercial and field team members and Suez customers.
- Assess and validate market needs and contribute to idea generation through direct interactions with external and internal customers including Technical Marketing, Product Management, Sourcing, Regulatory and Sales teams. Effectively translate these customer requirements and needs into unique technical solutions.
- Provide technical product support, customer service and non-routine problem solving for applications served by wastewater and other industrial product offerings.
- Provide clear and timely communications on significant issues or developments within assigned projects or as part of product offerings.
- Consistently follow established safety procedures for working in a laboratory utilizing treatment chemicals and customer process water samples.
- Consistently demonstrate compliance with regulatory requirements, company policies, and safety rules/procedures.