START HERE, GO ANYWHERE!
Want to work for a company that invests in innovation and people who catalyze impact in the built environment? Arup is proud to be recognized by Fast Company in their third annual Best Workplaces for Innovators list , which honors businesses and organizations that demonstrate a deep commitment to encouraging innovation at all levels.
We find solutions for some of the world's most complex problems. From climate action to social value, we consider the broadest impacts of our work. We strive to build a more sustainable, resilient, and equitable future. This purpose shapes our culture and has made us leaders in sustainable development. You'd be joining our multi-disciplinary design teams focusing on technical excellence and innovative solutions that create a better future for people, places, and the planet.
During your career at Arup, you'll have the chance to engage in a fulfilling career and work with some of the most highly respected engineers and specialists in the world. You'll also get the opportunity to work on exciting and significant projects, delivering quality work that has a positive and lasting influence on the community and the environment.
We often find that there is overlap across the range of advisory services that we provide and our team members have the opportunity to work across a broad range of activities as well as being able to focus on particular areas of interest. Responsibilities of this specific role therefore will include, but not be limited to, the following:
DUE DILIGENCE REVIEWS AND TECHNICAL ADVISORY FOR MAJOR INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECTS :
- Assist in technical and commercial due diligence reviews across different sectors:
- transportation, energy, telecom, water, etc.
- Analyze risks including cost, schedule, design, contracts, permitting and environmental and social impact
- Request and manage relevant project information:
- market studies, financial and economic plans, and legal framework and contextual issues
- Interact with other consultants, internally and externally, for business planning, financial advisory, and due diligence assignments.
- Prepare analyses, draw conclusions, make recommendations, and coordinate/manage relevant project inputs from other consultants
FINANCIAL AND PROCUREMENT ADVISORY:
- Conduct business planning, economic, contractual, and/or financial analysis as required
- Coordinate work products and deliverables with senior financial, commercial and technical specialists
- Review and/or develop financial models, economic cost-benefit analyses and feasibility analyses
- Support the team providing financial and procurement advice to public agencies and bidding groups on P3 projects and project financing.
- Prepare and maintain project design and construction schedules using a variety of scheduling software e.g. Primavera, MS Project plus interfaces with associated software e.g. @Risk, HCSS.
- Work with a team of professional estimators to extract cost, labor, material and other resources to create resource-loaded schedules.
- Understand the estimates that form the basis of the work being scheduled.
- Present simplified, easy to visualize schedule roll ups for high level management reporting.
- Perform quantity take-offs.
- Develop high-level and detailed construction cost estimates.
OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT CONSULTING:
- Assist in transforming business change in the built environment such as organizational development, training, organizational design, operating models, and behavior change.
- Develop operational concepts and models
- Use behavioral science for work including human integration, work environment assessments
- Contribute to business process re-engineering and process improvement projects
- Respond to RFP's and prepare proposals
- Develop and maintain strong internal and external networks
- Prepare and deliver presentations to satisfy client needs and goals
- Conduct market research across different infrastructure sectors and present findings to leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Economics, Business or Finance, Organizational Psychology, Computer Science, Logistics or similar with coursework in engineering, economics, business and/or applied math/sciences where relevant
- 3.0 GPA or higher
- Completion of at least one relevant internship while pursuing the above degree(s)
- Strong interest in infrastructure project development, delivery and/or operations
- Knowledge of basic business and operational concepts
- Strong quantitative skills with good knowledge of MS Excel.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
- The ability to prioritize effectively, balance assigned work and exceptional organization skills required for our constantly evolving environment
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential for team-based working
- Presentation skills with colleagues and clients at all levels
- Analytical mindset and/or Strategic thinker
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- Must not require sponsorship, now or in the future to be considered for this role
- Master's degree Construction Management, Economics, Business or Finance, Organizational Psychology, Computer Science, Logistics or similar
- Bilingual (Spanish or Portuguese with English)
- Familiarity with project management tools and techniques
- Flexibility and Out-of-the-Box innovative thinking
- Additional relevant work or internship experience with a contractor, design firm, or cost consulting firm.
- Relevant experience across a variety of project types in both infrastructure and buildings e.g. rail, bridges, tunnels, large office/mixed use etc.
- Working understanding of project development process and project finance
- Coursework in construction economics or construction management
- FE/EIT Certification, CCT/CST, LEED
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, Revit, Primavera 6, Excel Financial Modeling techniques, VBA. Programming languages also a plus.
For over seven decades Arup has been at the forefront of the most ambitious and innovative design and engineering. From concert halls to national stadiums, renewable energy to driverless cars, we continue to add to that history every day. Notable projects from our Advisory team include:
DUE DILIGENCE AND TECHNICAL ADVISORY:
- Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) 11GW renewable energy portfolio
- Technical Advisor on more than $300 billion of M&A and P3 projects globally, since 2008
- Advising major pension funds on the acquisition of a stake in Mexican infrastructure concession company IDEAL.
FINANCIAL AND PROCUREMENT ADVISORY:
- City of Long Beach Civic Center P3
- Potrero Bus Yard Modernization P3
- MBTA Commuter Rail Transformation
- Second Avenue Subway
- Fulton Street Transit Center
- JetBlue Airway's Terminal 5 at JFK Airport
- Renovation of Lincoln Center
OPERATIONS AND MANAGEMENT CONSULTING:
- Delta Airline Operational Readiness (LGA & LAX)
- Caltrain Organizational Review
- DC Water Strategy
Arup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. I ndividuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation. Should you require an accommodation in the job application or interview process please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com .