Requisition Number: 51752
Corning is one of the worlds leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed peoples lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Cornings Environmental Technologies segment manufactures ceramic substrates and filter products for emissions control in mobile and stationary applications around the world.Scope of Position:
- Responsible for the development, implementation, and sustainment of activities in production area(s) to meet safety, quality, production, and cost objectives
- Ensure the safety of employees
- Interact cooperatively with engineering, quality, planning, & etc. to meet goal
- Manage employee timecards and payroll
- Prioritize production schedules based on product introduction, equipment efficiency, and materials supply
- Maintain manufacturing metrics tracking and reporting
- Direct subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures, and policies
- Development and presentation of factual information
- Provide immediate supervision to a unit or group of employees, assigning tasks, and checking work at frequent intervals
- Supervise skilled and semi-skilled employees
- Candidate will be expected to work 7- and/or 5-day, 8+ hour rotating shift schedules, arrive early/stay late as required, and provide coverage for opposing shifts as needed.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 40-50 hr./wk.; rotating shifts to include weekends and holidays
- Bachelors Degree (technical discipline)
- 2+ years of manufacturing and/or leadership experience preferred
- Excellent people skills and organizational skills
- Ability to grasp technical details and understand impacts of the process and requirements for successful performance/quality organization
- Follow-up and documentation skills a must
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills
- Willingness to learn new things quickly and apply them
- Also, willingness to ask for help so that issues are minimized
- Process orientation - find ways to improve existing organizations
- Ceramic and material science knowledge
- Production Background
- Supervisor experience
This position does not support immigration sponsorship
We prohibit discrimination on the basis ofrace, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability,veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.