The NISC IV program at Leidos is an Airspace Project Manager
to support the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Western Service Center (WSC) in Des Moines, WA.
The candidate will provide support to WSC Operations Support Group (OSG) with Director level strategic support and coordination for National Airspace Modernization Initiative efforts; coordination with FAA Headquarters level elements; coordination with FAA Operational Facilities and Air Traffic Services (ATS) District leadership and staff.Routine duties will include:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise (SME) for airspace analysis, review and modification related to Metroplex and Airspace Optimization initiatives and other airspace studies.
- Evaluate the impacts on existing uses of the National Airspace System (NAS) from requests from Metroplex, Airspace Optimization initiatives, and other airspace studies.
- Initiate Airspace Reviews with affected Air Traffic Control (ATC) facilities.
- Prepare and present project briefings and updates.
- Provide Business Process analysis and Strategic Analysis on airspace topics affecting WSC OSG.
- Provide SME analysis for impacts and recommendations to OSG leadership on NextGen Key Program Innovations, including but not limited to: (Trajectory Based Operations (TBO), Data Communications, Performance Based Navigation (PBN), Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast (ADS-B), Decision Support System (DSS) Automation, Oceanic/International Airspace, and Special Use-Military Use Airspace).
Position requires approximately 10% travel.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.Please Note:
Must be able to work onsite in Des Moines, WA (once temporary Pandemic related remote work is over or when asked to return to the office).Required Skills:
- Knowledge of the National Airspace System from experience as an Air Traffic Controller, aviation aircrew, or military.
- BA degree and 8 + years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 6 + years of prior relevant experience OR additional years of relevant experience may be considered/accepted in lieu of degree.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Experience in a staff environment preparing written documents, memos and briefs.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world's most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Leidos is growing! Connect with us on LinkedIn and Facebook.Pay Range: