SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognised as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The OHS Program Manager will be the primary on-site OHS support for the Microsoft - Redmond Campus. The ideal candidate will be an experienced safety professional. He/she will have the opportunity to work independently and as part of a team and may be responsible for overseeing a team of 3 or more. The OHS Program Manager will be responsible for the development, implementation and management of local health and safety programs for the Microsoft Redmond campus.Job Functions:
- Investigate OHS incidents
- Assist work teams to implement hazard controls
- Collect and log hazardous waste from hardware labs
- Maintain required documents
- Help to administer OHS tools like SDS database, training database, and injury reporting process
- Participate in the Employee Safety Committee and help to direct the Committee's activities to ensure good engagement from employees
- Work with OHS Global Risk Manager to facilitate Supplier Safety Community, to collaborate on safety and health issues with on-campus vendor groups
- Drive efforts (with collaboration from SGS IT) to automating processes for report creation, delivery, and storage
- Work with the client to develop coherent workflows and implement procedural efficiencies
- Maintain inventory and order supplies, consumables and equipment
- Prioritize work based on team objectives
- Complete projects with little need for oversight
- Establish and meet deadlines
- Collaborate with team members, clients and other stakeholders
- Identify and act on improvement opportunities for the program
- Facilitate program communications and provide regular status reports to your manager and other stakeholders
- Participate in weekly team meetings to prioritize weekly projects/ activities. Activities come from various sources; new or updated activities from Microsoft work teams, injury investigations, maintaining OHS tools and systems.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years of experience in the Occupational Health & Safety field OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have the following training or be willing to acquire it within 60 days after starting work:
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Manager (8-hour - must complete this training annually)
- DOT Hazardous Materials Shipper (8-hour - must complete this training every three years)
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Business Administration, or related field preferred. Degrees in other fields will also be considered, or equivalent work experience
- Experience working in high technology industry
- Language Skills: English required, multilingual preferred
- Mathematical Skills: Advanced required
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
- Computer Skills: Proficient computer skills in Microsoft office suite required. Advanced experience with Laboratory Information Systems preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in high pressure, high volume, high growth environment, balancing several assignments concurrently with different deadlines
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, and communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in person, on phone, and via email with internal stakeholders and all levels of management of customer
- Ability to gather and review information and synthesize data for reports and other written materials; excellent organizational skills
- Impeccable accuracy required, superb attention to detail required
- High level ability to influence stakeholders and management
- Professional credibility, preferable through an understanding of the environmental, industrial hygiene, and/or high technology industries
- Possesses strong cross-team/ group/ org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues.
- Unquestionable business and personal integrity and ethical standards
- Demonstrate strong commitment to SGS Operational Integrity policies, procedures, guidelines, and instructions by participating in and enhancing the SGS culture of safety to attend safety meetings, complete required training, intervening in case of unsafe situations, refusing unsafe work, and fully complying with laws, regulations, internal, and customer requirements for health and safety
- Knowledge of environmental regulations require
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.