At Trane Technologies™ and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what's possible for a sustainable world. We're a team that dares to look at the world's challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
Trane Technologies has an exciting opportunity for a position in our Test Lab as a Test Technician I. This position is based out of Trane's Tyler, Texas location in the Engineering Research and Development Lab. The primary responsibilities of this position is testing in support of new product development, sustainability, and quality improvement projects. This position requires a high level of problem solving, organization, and collaboration. This position works closely with engineering and other lab personnel to complete projects.Responsibilities
- Demonstrate basic communication skills with peers and engineers
- Plan, set up, and execute testing in accordance with approved test plan
- Understand and follow standard work instructions with supervision
- Collect and interpret test data, assuring validity and appropriate detail
- Provide input during test planning stages
- Provide design feedback during and after completion of testing
- Demonstrate basic problem-solving
- Increase technical skills and knowledge of Trane products and processes
- Promote established environmental, health, and safety procedures to ensure one's own safety and the safety of others in the work area
- Contribute to the cleanliness and neatness as necessitated in a laboratory environment
- Demonstrate flexibility to work in multiple areas
- Support other testing and lab activities, as needed
- Builds trust amongst peers
- Communicate effectively, respectfully, and in a manner that promotes positive interactions in the lab and with teams external to the lab
2-year HVAC Associate's degree preferred. Minimum of 1-year HVAC certificate or other associate's degree with at least 3 years HVAC service and installation experience.
- Basic skills in Microsoft applications
- Strong attention to detail and organization
- Basic electrical & refrigeration skills
- Basic brazing and soldering skill
We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.