At Intuitive, we are united behind our mission: we believe that minimally invasive care is life-enhancing care. Through ingenuity and intelligent technology, we expand the potential of physicians to heal without constraints.
As a pioneer and market leader in robotic-assisted surgery, we strive to foster an inclusive and diverse team, committed to making a difference. For more than 25 years, we have worked with hospitals and care teams around the world to help solve some of healthcare's hardest challenges and advance what is possible.
Intuitive has been built by the efforts of great people from diverse backgrounds. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere-we strive to foster an inclusive culture built around diversity of thought and mutual respect. We lead with inclusion and empower our team members to do their best work as their most authentic selves.
Passionate people who want to make a difference drive our culture-our team members are grounded in integrity, have a strong capacity to learn, the energy to get things done, and bring diverse, real world experiences to help us think in new ways. We actively invest in our team members to support their long-term growth so they can continue to advance our mission and achieve their highest potential.
Join a team committed to taking big leaps forward for a global community of healthcare professionals and their patients. Together, let's advance the world of minimally invasive care.
Intuitive Surgical designs and manufactures state-of-the-art robot-assisted systems for use in minimally-invasive surgery. Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
Contribute broadly to the Advanced Product Development team, responsible for data science, advanced analytics, and new technology development focused on surgical workflow and performance for next generation robotic surgery platforms.
The successful candidate must excel in a high-energy, focused, small-team environment, be able to initiate and drive new research and development directions. A strong sense of shared responsibility and shared reward is required.
As part of the Advanced Product Development team, immediate responsibilities include:
* Exploration and development of data analytics, modeling, visualization, and applications leveraging tabular and timeseries data.
* Development of new technologies and digital products to improve surgeon and team performance on robotic surgery platforms.
* Support clinical and academic collaborations in related fields.
Additional responsibilities include:
* Contributing to multiple areas of research, including but not limited to the following:
* Designing and applying data science algorithms to novel, surgical applications
* Characterizing surgeon and team behavior and workflow to optimize new technologies
* Fully integrating data science solutions into core digital products
* Conducting user studies to evaluate digital product concepts
* Establishing strong academic collaborations across research disciplines
* Presenting research at international conferences and publishing research in top academic journals
Competency Requirements: (Competency is based on: education, training, skills and experience).
In order to adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must have:
* Minimum Doctoral degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Neuroscience, or related field OR Master's degree in fields mentioned with minimum (2) years industry experience in data science
* Demonstrate excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Interested in early research and development through to product roll-out
* Solid understanding of statistics and statistical modeling is required
* Experience with Python is required
* Hands-on experience with data science and visualization tools in Python (e.g. scikit-learn, scipy, pandas, maplotlib, bokeh, and/or plotly, etc.) is required
* Experience with sequence modeling, timeseries data, signal processing, and/or physiological signals on real-world data is ideal
* Experience with R, SQL is ideal
* Experience with clinical studies and data is a plus
* Ability to travel domestically and internationally (10%)
Due to the nature of our business and the role, please note that Intuitive and/or your customer(s) may require that you show current proof of vaccination against certain diseases including COVID-19. Details can vary by role.
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in accordance with fair chance laws.
* Shift : * Shift 1 - Day
* Travel : * Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements:Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift:Shift 1 - Day