Janssen R&D, L.L.C. is recruiting for a Medical Director/ Senior Medical Director, Clinical Research Physician - Oncology Early Development. The preferred location for this position is Spring House, PA, but consideration will be given to other locations (Raritan, NJ, Cambridge, MA, San Diego, CA, La Jolla, CA, South San Francisco, CA or remote).
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information. We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Oncology Therapeutic Area is seeking a physician-scientist to serve as a Director, Clinical Research working on novel anti-cancer compounds in early stages of development, from First-in-Human/Phase 1 until Proof of Concept. In this role, you will reside within the Early Development group and report to the Early Development Leader. You will be responsible for the development and execution of early stage clinical projects as a member of the cross-functional Compound Development Team and as the co-leader of the Clinical Study Team.
The Director, Clinical Research will be responsible for the following:
This Role Requires
- Design and conduct early clinical Phase 1 and Proof-Of-Concept development trials, assess clinical safety and efficacy data, and write clinical study reports, clinical sections of INDs, Investigator Brochures, etc.
- You will also work closely with biomarker, discovery and translational research scientists. You will interpret reports, prepare oral and written results of product research, and participate in the discussion of strategies formulated within the Tumor Strongholds in disease areas such as prostate or lung cancer.
- A high-performing physician-scientist familiar with clinical and translational research involving biomarkers and correlative laboratory clinical trial endpoints.
- You will be required to collaborate closely with relevant functions within Janssen Pharmaceuticals including discovery, translational, and biomarker research scientists, toxicologists, clinical pharmacologists, drug safety specialists, as well as personnel from Global Clinical Operations, Global Strategic Marketing, and other support functions.
- To be successful in this role, you will work closely with research group leaders, drug discovery teams, and project clinical teams.
- The ability to communicate effectively with basic laboratory scientists and clinical teams is critical.
- You will be expected to establish strong working relationships and collaborations with external study investigators, key opinion leaders in drug development, and external alliance partners.
- An M.D./Ph.D. or a MD with significant scientific research experience.
- Formal training in Oncology or Hematology with Board certification or eligibility is preferred.
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in clinical research within the pharmaceutical industry or academia is preferred.
- Significant knowledge of translational and clinical cancer research and its application to cancer drug development is of paramount importance.
- A working knowledge of the key areas of early drug development, including chemistry, biology, toxicology and early clinical development is required.
- Knowledge of clinical pharmacology and its relationship to decision-making in early drug development is of value.
- Alternatively you could have experience in clinical development, specifically experience in conducting phase II or III clinical trial and deep understanding of relevant regulatory health authority expectations and regulations.
- Ability to strategize and lead a goal oriented clinical development team will be very valuable.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Eradicate CancerPrimary Location
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean RoadsOther Locations
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, North America-United States-California-South San Francisco, North America-United States, North America-United States-California-La Jolla, United States-California-San DiegoOrganization
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)Job Function