Clinical Development ScientistJob Description
Effective Wednesday, December 8, 2021, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Philips. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
If you are a Colorado resident and this role is a field-based or remote role, you may be eligible to receive additional information about the compensation and benefits for this role, which we will provide upon request. You may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Philips is a global leader in health technology, committed to improving billions of lives worldwide and striving to make the world healthier and more sustainable through innovation. Driven by the vision of a better tomorrow.
But it's not just what we do, it's who we are. We are 80,000, wonderfully unique individuals, with two things in common: An unwavering sense of purpose and a relentless determination to deliver on our customers' needs. It's what inspires us to create meaningful solutions - the kind that make a real difference - when it matters most.
The world and our customers' needs are changing faster than ever before and while we are proud of what we do already, we know we can do more. That's why we need you, to help us tackle increasingly complex challenges posed by ever evolving health and well-being needs. In this role, you have the opportunity to join Philips Image Guided Therapy (IGT) group
and advance patient care and access to safe and effective treatment options, so they can return quickly to their daily lives. You are responsible for
You are a part of the Clinical and Medical Affairs group with a strong focus on patient safety and customer needs.
- Providing strategic input and execution related to the end to end (E2E) development process from ideation to market for products in the Peripheral Vascular Image-Guided Therapy portfolio.
- Working with cross-functional teams to provide critical input to ensure that clinical data will support product claims, reimbursement, health economic outcomes and/or market access.
- Contributing to accurate interpretation and appropriate dissemination of clinical evidence through authoring of clinical study reports, clinical evaluation reports, abstracts, podium presentations and peer reviewed manuscripts as assigned.
- Developing strong collaborations with Key Opinion Leaders and Investigators.
- Providing support for clinical evidence discussions with regulatory agencies, notified bodies, and physician advisory boards.
- Communicating across all levels of the organization and being able to develop a rapport with indirect or functional leaders to influence decision-making and facilitating change
- Fostering a successful team environment and adapting to changing priorities
The Clinical Development Scientist reports to the Associate Director of Clinical Development. This position offers the opportunity to impact lives through the development and testing of quality Philips products and solutions that help countless people all over the world. We have a fantastic work environment and culture that is respectful and rewarding, that offers opportunities to develop and grow both personally and professionally. The ability of this position to work with both internal and external customers promotes a broader vision to additional opportunities across Philips as a global company. To succeed in this role, you'll need a customer-first attitude and the following
In return, we offer you
- Training and degree in science, engineering, or a medical field.
- Scientific/research background with experience in clinical research conduct including methodology and statistics.
- 4+ years of clinical or industry experience preferably supporting activities in clinical research, medical affairs or similar experience in a medical/scientific area is strongly preferred
- PhD or MD with a background in medical device design and/or interventional procedures will substitute for 2 years of experience
- Strong medical writing experience
- Effective verbal communication and presentation skills in technical/clinical applications
- Experience in the conduct of literature searches pertinent to clinical/medical research
- Knowledge of clinical research, device/drug development processes, regulatory requirements, good clinical and data management practices
- US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship or renewal for a work-authorized visa.
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.How we work at Philips
Our newly adopted hybrid work concept fuses flexibility with collaboration to deliver great outcomes for our people and our customers. We are embracing an approach wherein we spend more time together than apart - which for full-time employees translates to an average of at least 3 days working from the office and up to 2 days from home - for our hybrid roles.
Hybrid work flexibility means people can meet the changing demands of work and home in the most balanced, productive, and healthy way.
Our hybrid working model is defined in 3 ways:
We believe in the importance of impactful collaboration: There's a certain energy when everyone's in the same room that can heighten idea generation and creative friction needed for problem-solving.
We embrace flexibility: Choosing where, when, and how to work can vary according to task and team schedules. Flexibility isn't office or online, it means choosing the space that works best for you, your teams, and our customers on a case-by-case basis.
We want to be at our best: The way we work, and our workspaces are designed to support our well-being, offer career advancement opportunities, and enable us to be at our best. Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It's a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on innovative, customer-first health technology solutions. Help us improve the health and well-being of billions of people, every year. Ultimately creating a career that no one could have planned for. Even you.
Visit our careers website to explore what it's like working at Philips , read stories from our employee blog , find information about our recruitment process and answers to some frequently asked questions .
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person's relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
Equal Employment and Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran