Expanding company has an opportunity for a Ma nufacturing Engineer in a nice urban location in east / central Alabama that would have two primary responsibilities: designing manufacturing processes for optimum efficiency and leading root cause investigations. This requires strong leadership skills as well as working knowledge of
manufacturing statistics. This position is responsible for ongoing life-cycle process performance. Key metrics include
process efficiency, scrap, and first pass yield. This is a high volume and automated environment. Benefits begin the first day of employment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working knowledge of manufacturing validation process for healthcare products.
- Working knowledge of statistics and an ability to determine the appropriate variables to analyze for statistical
- Ability to analyze a new manufacturing process and determine the critical variables as well as output analysis for
- Construct engineering studies and designs of experiment in order to characterize manufacturing processes.
- Design and manage value stream maps for key manufacturing processes with an understanding of the
appropriate performance metrics for success.
- Ability to lead continuous improvement activities such as Kaizen events and Six Sigma projects.
- Generate engineering reports for process validations and test analysis.
- Lead project teams for root cause investigation, validation strategies, and process design.
- Develop project analysis plan, including computer-generated table specifications, statistical analysis plan, and
research report format.
- Verify statistical programs, statistical results, and data sets used in statistical section of technical documents.
- Co-operate in further development of internal guidelines and SOPs.
- Problem Solving - Develops alternative solutions. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Identifies and
resolves problems in a timely manner. Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics. Works well in
group problem solving situations.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events and still yield an effective
outcome. Adapts to changes in the work environment. Changes approach or method to best fit the situation.
Manages competing demands
- Judgment - Recognizes important information quickly and grasps its implications. Makes timely, sound
decisions, even under conditions of risk, uncertainty, and incomplete information. Includes appropriate people
in decision-making process. Accepts accountability for decisions by ensuring follow through and effective implementation
Engineering related Bachelor degree preferred
At least 7 years of manufacturing engineering related experience
Industry experience in medical device, pharmaceutical or automotive industry
Flexible as to processes with coatings and plastic injection mold experience being a plus
Would like experience leading project teams for root cause investigation, validation strategies, and process design
Would like experience leading continuous improvement related projects