Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit . JOB PURPOSE:
Linde is currently seeking a Safety & Environmental Specialist. This position will be based out of Whiting, IN (Chicago Area). The candidate will report to the US HyCO SH&E Director and will have direct safety and environmental support responsibility for four plants primarily located in Indiana, Ohio and West Virginia with additional responsibilities and as assigned by management.
Collaborates with employees and supervisors to identify and correct potential safety and health hazards and environmental situations, and provides compliance assurance and assistance from a strategic and tactical standpoint to a specific area of responsibility. Implements safe and environmentally-compliant standard work practices with line personnel and monitors conformance through safety and environmental inspections. Assures compliance with organizational and government environmental, health and safety standards. Monitors organizational environmental, safety and health performance, and provides employee safety and environmental training and compliance tools. SCOPE:
This senior-level professional position applies advanced safety and environmental knowledge at multiple facilities to all safety and environmental areas including fleet safety, personnel safety, operational safety, pipeline safety, and environmental in order to protect the health and safety of all company employees, as well as the surrounding communities and environments in which the company operates. Provides leadership, guidance and assistance in the prevention/control of accidents and incidents to a specific area of responsibility. PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- This position reports into the US HyCO SH&E Associate Director.
- Work with line management to ensure support is provided in achieving zero/zero performance goals in safety, health and environmental.
- Implements safe and environmentally compliant standard work practices with line personnel.
- Identify opportunities to improve safety performance and take proactive actions to implement.
- Monitor local OSHA (e.g. PSM), EPA (e.g. Title V), DOT and ISO requirements and standards along with company policies and standards to ensure compliance.
- Support all accident/incident investigation, reporting and facilitation of Root Cause Analysis.
- Perform industrial hygiene monitoring.
- Prepare and submit environmental reports as required by regulations and permits.
- Provides active support to site locations by training employees on requirements and assisting the site to ensure environmental permit compliance, and developing environmental and safety compliance assistance tools.
The following are preferred:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of Safety/Environmental experience
- Operational Safety (PSM/RMP) with experience working in a refinery or chemical plant
- This position operates in both office and field environments, and requires ~40% travel with overnight stays.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Certification
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP) Certification
- Proficiency in Piping and Instrumentation Diagrams
- Computer experience required with proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- OSHA Authorized Trainer for OSHA 10 hr. and 30 safety courses for General or Construction Industry
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.