Circon Environmental is currently searching for a full time Plant Chemist. Starting pay is competitive in the industry but based off of experience. We offer health benefits, vacation time, and more after the probationary period.Job Summary:
The Plant Chemist will perform duties in accordance with Circons Waste Treatment Plan. The primary duties will include reacting waste products to neutralize, deactivate, and otherwise lower hazards.
Plant Chemist Main Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Plant Chemist Requirements:
- Prepares samples and tests, analyzes, interprets and reports analytical results for bench top reactions.
- Prepares full scale reactions in a plant environment.
- Researches, experiments, and make necessary recommendations on possible courses of action to the lab manager and plant management.
- Recommends new development methods, procedures and techniques and waste disposal feasibilities for problem solving.
- Acts as a liaison between the plant and the lab to communicate technical information, orally and written.
- Provides analytical assistance to plant and project work.
- Provides support to all departments.
- When production work is slow or when lab demand is high, the Plant Chemist will perform analytical activities in the lab at the Lab Supervisors discretion.
- Must be timely with all communications to customers, sales department, and other personnel.
- Performs other job-related duties assigned.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- A Bachelor's degree in Chemistry or related field experience required
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication skills
- Knowledge of waste industry and prior experience working in a lab preferred
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to draft laboratory reports
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn software and applications used for chemical tests and analysis
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to talk, see or hear
- Exposure to chemicals and potentially hazardous materials
- Must wear personal protective equipment (e.g., googles, gloves, masks) as necessary.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and standing
- May be subject to heat and cold stress environments, both inside and outside the facility
Interested and qualified candidates for the Plant Chemist opening should submit their resume for immediate consideration. Resumes will be reviewed as quickly as possible and qualified applicants will be contacted to set up an interview.