Job Title: Research AssistantLocation: Redmond, WADuration: 1 YearSummary:
This includes conducting researcher studies with human subjects. RAs will be responsible for the set-up, implementation and data collection for the studies. They will need to work with Facebook Technologies staff to ensure that the study equipment set up and the study conduct follows all applicable safety plans.Responsibilities
- Assist principal investigators with experiments involving human subjects.
- RAs may help with experimental design and provide useful feedback prior to study
- Stage and set up equipment for the study.
- Study set-up may involve engaging with engineering, external equipment vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and the research study team to ensure the equipment is set up properly.
- RAs may pilot experiments, make observations, and give feedback to the Facebook Technologies study team to optimize study procedures.
- RAS may assist the study project manager and external recruiting services in participant recruiting and scheduling activities Conduct the study.
- This includes any or all of the following: screening participants, obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design, formatting and annotating the data, and creating basic reports regarding the data.
- RAs are expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information and handling of confidential data.
- RAs will define and summarize procedures for data handling.
- Study support services.
- Support research and development in various areas including data collection, onsite handling, tracking of participant compensation and tracking of equipment and procedures.
- RA may collect study metrics to support better study planning RAs may summarize literature reviews.
- RAs may purchase research papers.
- RAs may write and submit IRB documents.
- Assist Client team in RA1 training. Duties include RA shadowing and serving as POC for questions about standard RA tasks, software and tools.
- Assist Client team in new RA1 training on research apparatuses.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Experience utilizing Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and Excel.
- Prior experience as a research assistant or research coordinator.
- Prior experience with research participant recruitment and/or participant/patient intake and personal data processing.
- Experience understanding and communicating technical information to non-experts.
- Experience coordinating and maintaining schedules across multiple teams, managing shared resources, and coordinating stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in a scientific discipline.
- Project management experience.
- 2+ years' experience as a research assistant or research coordinator in a technology research environment.
- MATLAB experience