The Senior Project Manager
reports to the Director, Project Delivery, and is responsible for planning and managing the analysis, development, implementation, and adoption of assigned organizational projects. This individual develops and reviews project proposals and requirements to determine time frames, budget limitations, and procedures for accomplishing assigned projects.What you will do:
What you need to succeed in the role:
- Establish effective work plans by working collaboratively with the project team on key activities, timing, and staffing requirements for each project phase.
- Create project management artifacts such as project scope, RACI matrix, work plan, governance framework, decisions, and risk documents.
- Manage project plans to stay aligned with and meet the Board's business objectives and initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional project team meetings to ensure projects progress on schedule, within budget, and aligned with business requirements.
- Champion a project management culture within the Board to gain and improve stakeholder buy-in for project success.
- Leverage technical and business acumen and project experience to guide projects to successful completion.
- Resolve problems with project teams, review the status of project team members' reports, and modify schedules as required.
- Prepare project reports and updates for management.
- Develop and review project proposals and requirements to determine time frames, budget limitations, and procedures for accomplishing assigned projects.
We offer a generous benefits package for eligible employees.
- 5 or more years of relevant project management, or management consulting experience (internal or external).
- A Bachelor's degree in business or similar area of study or equivalent experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification required.
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- Expert level proficiency in Microsoft products, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project; proficiency with project management tools including Azure DevOps preferred.
- An ability to problem solve and think innovatively to provide solutions to everyday business challenges.
- An ability to leverage strong consultative skills to be able to listen and translate business needs into system functionality.
- An ability to adapt quickly to dynamic business situations.
- An ability to build teams, create an environment of collaboration, and manage relationships and conflict.
- An ability to effectively work remotely utilizing an uninterrupted internet connection, as required.
Our recruiting process is simple.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Employer-matched 403(b)(9) retirement savings plan.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation leave, sick time, and holidays.
- Employer-paid death benefits with opportunities to purchase additional coverage.
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Tuition assistance.
- Discount programs on entertainment, travel, and more.
- Employee Assistance Plan and other health and well-being resources.
- Access to the Board's education and grant assistance programs.
- Satisfaction gained from working for a service-oriented employer.
- Volunteer and other service opportunities in the community at large.
If you're interested in a role at the Board of Pensions, apply online at pensions.org. If your skills match an open position, one of our recruiters will set up a phone or Microsoft Teams interview to discuss your interests, background, and skills. They'll also answer any questions you might have. If you are selected to continue with the recruitment process, you will meet the hiring manager and other relevant team members.
The Board of Pensions is a COVID-19 vaccination required employer.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
View our Together Apart video and see and hear from prospective colleagues at the Board of Pensions.