Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.Position Summary
Technical lead on highly complex projects to identify solutions, deliver innovation and renovation portfolio, and optimization/improvement projects. Partner with Marketing to leverage and translate consumer insight into project pipelines. Represent Technical Application Group as subject matter expert for product/packaging/process to transfer knowledge to the factories. Train and coach to contribute to the success of the Technical Application Group. Collaborate internally and externally to build relationships in order to continuously improve technical skills and personal development, including coaching others to facilitate their professional development.
1. Implementation of Innovation & Renovation strategy for the supported product categories in the market. Liaise & leverage industry and global Nestle Network insights to develop, implement, and execute creative product/packaging/process development activities (e.g. mockup, bench top, pilot plant, distribution testing, and internal/external factory testing) to achieve project goals and deadlines to delight the consumer & customer.
2. Introduction of new product, packaging, and processes within factories and external manufacturers. Collaborate and influence internal and external project teams to develop, industrialize, and launch on a complex range of Innovation and Renovation projects.
3. Continuously improve/optimize current product, packaging, and processes within factories and external manufacturers according to local business needs and supply situation and/or implementation of initiatives. Lead technical projects including technical assistance, sourcing, quality improvements, compliance, and productivity cost savings.
4. Develop expertise for product/packaging/process mastership within TAG Define, develop, and coach the competencies and training materials required for product/packaging/process mastership to enable manufacturing excellence. Provide guidance and input to Operations for Standard Operating Procedures.
5. Provide first line support to factories.
- Provide knowledge transfer related to product/packaging/process mastership to eliminate the root cause of assistance requests
- Act as the coaching and training resource for product/packaging/process mastership
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- A BS or MS degree in Food Science, Food Engineering, Chemical Engineering Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Position requires approximately 25-50% travel.
- Prefer minimum 5 years of product/packaging/process development experience in CPG or related field of work in factory environment or equivalent supply industry experience.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high performing environment
- Exceptional organizational skills & ability to manage multiple projects and assignments
- Strong communication skills: interpersonal, presentation, oral and written
- Highly motivated, critical thinker, goal oriented and easily adapts to change
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Power Point, Word, Project,
- Preferred: SAP & CAPE Palletization Program
76483975It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you'll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.Solon, OH, US, 44139 Arlington, VA, US, 22209