Job Description CTLGroup
is an internationally recognized, award winning Engineering, Architecture, and Materials Science consulting firm. We provide expert insights and scientific solutions for our clientele. Join us, do interesting work, and GROW your career and expertise!
Reporting to the Vice President of Materials, our next Group Leader should have practical problem-solving experience as well as a consultative mindset. This person will be integral to expanding our geographic footprint and service offerings.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Education and Experience:
- Diagnose failures in metal systems and/or coating materials.
- Perform root cause determination of materials related failures
- Collaborate with clients and co-workers to provide technical consultation and work towards consensus to help solve problems.
- Explore and develop new markets and leverage business opportunities through industry involvement.
- Effectively manage multiple complex projects within specified timeline and under budget.
- Define the potential scope of projects through analysis and evaluation of alternate solutions to the client's problem.
- Train, direct and review the work of team members, giving feedback as appropriate.
- Prepares reviews budgets, coordinates staff and work distribution, as well as manages client deliverables.
- Establish CTLGroup technical leadership by holding leadership roles on technical committees and professional organizations and authoring papers and publications and delivering presentations in relevant target markets.
- Provide product development and performance expertise.
- Ensure project remains within budget; billing is accurate and timely, project documentation is complete, receivables collected.
- Maintains high ethical standards by using sound judgment that benefits both CTLGroup and its customers
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in the fields of Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy, Polymer Chemistry, or Materials Science
- 10+ years of relevant experience in materials forensic investigations or equivalent combination of education and experience
- A track record of business development
- Prior experience working with and overseeing other technical staff.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Physical and Travel Demands:
- PhD in Metallurgy, Polymer Chemistry, or Materials Science
- An entrepreneurial mindset
- Office work may include prolonged exposure to computers and prolonged sitting
- Some work may be performed in confined spaces and at heights in excess of six feet
- Some work is performed in a laboratory environment or in the field where the following conditions may apply: exposure to chemicals, noise, dust, variations in temperature and humidity, fumes and various types of equipment listed above
- May require working additional hours
- Good hearing and vision ability, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to detect physical changes in material
- Up to 50% travel may be required for this position
*This job description describes the general nature of the position. The above declarations are not intended to be a complete list of responsibilities, skills and abilities required to do the job. Additional responsibilities and elements of the description may be added, changed or deleted by management at any time in writing or verbally.
CTLGroup provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.