Substitute Teacher - Act 86Act 86 Program -
Are you a Junior or Senior currently enrolled in a PA Education Program? If so, you are eligible to substitute teach immediately to get started with your choice of school districts! Are you ready to make an impact on education?
Do you want to work where you can set your own hours in a fun and creative environment empowered by the tools and support of a local dedicated team? A substitute teaching position with ESS may be the opportunity you're looking for!About You - A Substitute Teacher
You are an individual who is passionate about making a difference and helping others. You are energetic and inspired to help change the world by making an impact in the education of today's students.The More You Know
- Previous substitute experience is not required!
- You don't have to be an expert in any one subject. If you are enrolled in an accredited education program with at least 60 completed college credits you are eligible to work as the Teacher of Record!
- You can network with other teachers and administrators who can provide valuable advice and professional connections.
- Provide meaningful instruction to students in assigned classrooms while regular teacher is absent
- Foster a positive learning environment and maintain a well-managed classroom
- At least 60 completed college credits for students enrolled in an accredited education program
- PA Department of Education Form 6004: Arrest/Conviction Report and Certification - Act 24
- PA State Police Criminal History Clearance - Act 34
- Federal Criminal History Clearance - Act 114
- Mandated Child Abuse Reporter Training - Act 126
- Child Abuse Clearance - Act 151
- Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release - Act 168
- Tuberculosis Test/Physical
- Get hired quickly, get paid weekly
- We offer benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401k, and more!
- You'll receive training and ongoing support
- Employee discount program and bonus opportunities
- We have hundreds of local daily substitute opportunities available when you're not in a long-term role - you can use our system to accept the jobs you want 24/7 by phone, internet, or text message.
Learn how to get hired with ESS:
As leaders in the education staffing space since 2000, ESS specializes in placing qualified staff in daily, long-term, and permanent K-12 school district positions including substitute teachers, school aides, and other school support staff. With more than 750 school district partners throughout the US, ESS supports the education of more than 3.5 million students every day. We provide our employees the ability to work in school districts across the country in addition to benefits, comprehensive training, flexible work schedules, and professional development. Visit ESS.com to learn more and help to improve education for every student, every day.
ESS is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.